Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This event from a news viewpoint is interesting. No major news service has published a photograph of the suspected killer. Over the years he has had traffic and criminal charges made against him. Only one neighbor admits to even having seen him. Other than that no one knows this felon. Seems to have owned a house in Ben, FL. No news of where he worked in recent years, the source of his income, where he shopped for food. Extremely grey if one is to believe the news services.
    Social media is claiming that he is both black and white.
    His name is stated to be
    John Hubert Highnote of Bell, FL and is either 59 or 58 years of age. The name could be derived from a name, Hinote, that in England was for people that lived near some prominent out standing landmark. In the USA could be the name of a black, white, or Indian.

From the beginning this incident has been plagued with little reliable information other than two LEOs were killed at a particular restaurant and that Highnote was found dead in a car nearby. We do know that there are bullet holes in the restaurant window. Not a single witness to the incident has talked to the news media that I could find. It could be the staff of the chinese restaurant are Illegal and maybe they are being quiet to avoid attention. Still no witnesses, strange.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Holes in the windows could be missed, or pass throughs . I’m sure csi is checking outside for bullet strikes as well. Pretty god lockdown of the case so far.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Update on case https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/u...es-killed.html
    Armed with two rifles, a handgun and “ample ammunition,” John Hubert Highnote...
    — a bearded, balding 59-year-old described by the few who knew him as a loner and a recluse..........
    “To date, no clear motive has been established,” .............
    He did visit the site of his former employer
    Sheriff Schultz did not identify the business but said that Mr. Highnote, who lived in Bell, Fla., had not worked there for two and a half years...............
    as employees approached him, as cowards like him will often do, he fled before they reached him,” the sheriff said. He declined to answer whether the employer had fired Mr. Highnote. ......
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by gssc View Post
    My morning Starbucks has a group of five officers (plain clothes, but badges, guns, and cuffs visible) who sit right by the entrance door and window every day. Same table. Same time. Laughing.
    I recall a Tom Clancy novel (actually a Jack Ryan Jr book) about terrorists being able to hit targets because they always followed the same pattern of where the ate, shopped, jogged, etc. For me, looking back, I realize I was predictable too, about where I went for coffee right after roll call--of course I have no taste...

I did make it a point to never eat (while I was working) in any restaurant that I couldn't see the food being prepared--too many reports of pissed off cooks adding "special sauce" to cops food???

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I recall a Tom Clancy novel (actually a Jack Ryan Jr book) about terrorists being able to hit targets because they always followed the same pattern of where the ate, shopped, jogged, etc. For me, looking back, I realize I was predictable too, about where I went for coffee right after roll call--of course I have no taste...

I did make it a point to never eat (while I was working) in any restaurant that I couldn't see the food being prepared--too many reports of pissed off cooks adding "special sauce" to cops food???
    There was a time in some cities that cops were fed for free at some restaurants since their presence discouraged armed robbery. I certainly would give them free coffee and roll. Now days their presence seems to be attracting murderers. One is as safe as any other customer at a chinese buffet since it is buffet and no way cooks can just contaminate the LEO's food.