Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    So there are many things that fall into the category of, "Boy...it would sure be cool if these were available". And it seems that every gun has its tribe that is either prone to support aftermarket things or not.

I have no interest in making anything for the Steyr or the HK for example as the buyers of those guns tend to not support any aftermarket parts (even though God knows those guns could use some upgrades).

The SIG is a grey area. Some things will sell well...others will not. Whether we continue with this platform depends on how grey the market is. So...don't hold your breath that Gabe will come out with a set of G-10 slabs with the SI Logos on them and all that. What you see offered is all that there is going to be, with maybe some NP3 refinishing added on top of the current offerings.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thank you two for the honest answer. You have to sell what people want to buy. I would agree with your thoughts on Sig and their owners. Most will not support aftermarket parts overall unless they are into gun games. The number of "sig guys" that I know that questioned me about why I had my slide milled for a red dot was astounding.

Sig parts are a niche product. I placed myself in that niche by liking sa/da better than striker fired (although I dipped my toe into Glock with a gen 3 26 I'm going to order some stuff for as well). So I have to live with limited options. I haven't found a set of g10 I like yet that's why I was bugging. I have the standard g10 on my p239 and they are just ok. Yours are similar to the pattern on the STI/infinty 1911s and I've held those, they are sweet.

Thanks again for the answers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What about barrels bro? Are the factory one gtg or is there room for improvement. Even a threaded option? Wait and see where the market goes?

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    What about barrels bro? Are the factory one gtg or is there room for improvement. Even a threaded option? Wait and see where the market goes?
    Sig makes factory threaded barrels.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody C View Post
    Thank you two for the honest answer. You have to sell what people want to buy. I would agree with your thoughts on Sig and their owners. Most will not support aftermarket parts overall unless they are into gun games. The number of "sig guys" that I know that questioned me about why I had my slide milled for a red dot was astounding.

Sig parts are a niche product. I placed myself in that niche by liking sa/da better than striker fired (although I dipped my toe into Glock with a gen 3 26 I'm going to order some stuff for as well). So I have to live with limited options. I haven't found a set of g10 I like yet that's why I was bugging. I have the standard g10 on my p239 and they are just ok. Yours are similar to the pattern on the STI/infinty 1911s and I've held those, they are sweet.

Thanks again for the answers.

I had G10, found a guy in Zuckerville willing to trade for his E2 grips so that i could stipple them and make them what I wanted, which is what you see on Gabe's 226. There is one company I can think of that does G10 that I would consider buying from and thats VZ, but they only make grips for the P238

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Thank you for the info. Vz used to make grips called Kraken grips. They were discontinued before I realized they made them. I keep an eye out for them on eBay but haven't seen any.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Sig makes factory threaded barrels.
    Cool...

I just ordered the hammer kit... I can't wait to see the difference between that and my stock set up that has about 12k rounds through it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    I can see needing on of these for a DISPLAY in the SHOP. Several steps closer BTW. Should be closing soon.

Congrats on the new adventure BTW Jon. I've been itching to buy another SI pistol and something non-glock would be interesting. When the package comes out would it be possible to by from you remotely and have you ship it to SI for the works? Would love to give you my business but unsure of the legalities.
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSOCCRNA View Post
    Congrats on the new adventure BTW Jon. I've been itching to buy another SI pistol and something non-glock would be interesting. When the package comes out would it be possible to by from you remotely and have you ship it to SI for the works? Would love to give you my business but unsure of the legalities.
    I'll be an FFL dealer, so yes; you can buy from my store and I can ship directly to SI. I can also receive firearms directly from SI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone