Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I think what I learned from the post was that, even if a slug doesn't penetrate armor its gonna leave a mark, wake you up in the morning, knock you on your ass OR just plain kill.

Yep Id be interested in a AP slug; but only as a specialty round, in a nice to have role; but not mandatory load out.
    I looked into getting them. They aren't like SS190 or M855A1, dime a dozen and easy to get. They are unobtanium. Likely because so little of this ammo is used stateside that there isn't any place for it to over-flow FROM, is my guess. I don't know, though. Just a guess, that.

A limited market for sure but maybe worth looking into for someone.

Hmmmm.

Or just shoot them in the face.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Gunfighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Or just shoot them in the face.
    I look upon AP slugs as for an anti-material role rather then for shooting vest bearing goblins.

I am not looking for any at the moment.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Here are some anecdotal reports I found regarding actual incidents:

I've been present for the shooting of a perp with a 12ga reduced recoil slug and also seen a wound behind a 3A soft vest of a 12ga Remington 1oz std velocity slug.

The vest wearer sustained significant bruising, broken ribs, and a broken sternum. Significant internal bruising from the backface deformation. Also a punctured lung from the broken ribs. But the slug was technically stopped by the vest
    We had a deputy take a 12 gauge slug to the trauma plate and he survived. He had a lot of damage and had a significant hole due to soft tissue damage to his upper chest. When they pulled the vacuume packing off him when we took him home you could see his ribs. After being shot he was able to return fire and wounded the suspect.
    I will see what else I can dig up from other sources.

There is a YouTube video that demonstrates the Stakeout, slugs, and buckshot....very convincing.

Thanks for doing the video!

All survived...I love finding exceptions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The biggest hindrance to adaptability is ego.

I don’t know as I’d want to have survived any of those especially the last dude. As they will never have a life worth living.

We all recall the little kid - raised a a very special snowflake - whose every spoken sentence began with, "Yeah but...", and whose sole purpose in life was to present the idea and notion that he knew more than anyone in the room...even if he was just ten years old and had never done a damn thing outside of wiping his own ass for the last six months.

Teacher - A shotgun blast to the chest, will still crush your sternum if you are wearing a level IIIA vest...see the video....

Pain In The Ass Arrogant Little Fuck - Yes, but
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Everyone knows at least one of those kids/people!