Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    But with the sideloading gate you can top off after every shot, similar to topping off a pump 870 shotgun after each shot. Not so with the Henry front loading mag tube.
    By the time Edelweiss is down to fighting with his lever gun I'm not sure that reloading faster will help.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    By the time Edelweiss is down to fighting with his lever gun I'm not sure that reloading faster will help.
    If Edelweiss is down to fighting with a lever gun it will be against mutants armed with rebar and rocks in volume #32 of a post apocalyptic series.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOblivion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pict View Post
    If Edelweiss is down to fighting with a lever gun it will be against mutants armed with rebar and rocks in volume #32 of a post apocalyptic series.
    Hahahaha thanks guys... still I think you've convinced me that I need a side loader

Not all guns need to be fighting guns. Some of them are just enjoyable, nostalgic delights. Get which ever one makes you happiest when you pick it up and handle it.

We have to make utility concessions for our tools but we don’t have to do so with our toys. While you’re at the shop, pick up a ridiculously inefficient single action revolver to go with it just because they’re cool and historical. I have no doubt you’ll keep something else around for zombie shooting. There’s no reason to sully one’s toy buying decisions with such considerations.
    Last edited by DogDoc; 04-20-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

A lever action will happily overcome the dirt left by a 38 Special to chamber a 357 Magnum round. Then it has enough power to tear the case in half after it gets stuck. Cerrosafe is your friend.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    A lever action will happily overcome the dirt left by a 38 Special to chamber a 357 Magnum round. Then it has enough power to tear the case in half after it gets stuck. Cerrosafe is your friend.
    Does making a chamber cast with cerrosafe remove leading?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Does making a chamber cast with cerrosafe remove leading?
    Interesting question. I've used it to remove a broken case but haven't tried it for lead buildup.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    Interesting question. I've used it to remove a broken case but haven't tried it for lead buildup.

NO YOU GET A PERFECT MOLD OF THE TRASH IN THE CHAMBER !!

I have had these so long I do not know their origin. A nylon flex rod threaded for brushes. Put a stainless steel brush in a drill and clean the 38 powder ring/lead ring from your 357 chamber. I use these often in 357 revolvers that eat too much 38. I have done this in my Rossi 92 lever as well. You guys who can tap and thread can make these with any nylon rod stock. I have not tried fiberglass, but do not see a reason why it will not work.

Go for it guys.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    NO YOU GET A PERFECT MOLD OF THE TRASH IN THE CHAMBER !!

I have had these so long I do not know their origin. A nylon flex rod threaded for brushes. Put a stainless steel brush in a drill and clean the 38 powder ring/lead ring from your 357 chamber. I use these often in 357 revolvers that eat too much 38. I have done this in my Rossi 92 lever as well. You guys who can tap and thread can make these with any nylon rod stock. I have not tried fiberglass, but do not see a reason why it will not work.

Go for it guys.

Choirboy
    In a rifle I would be concerned about the stainless steel brush damaging the chamber's front where the rifling begins. Is that a legitimate concern?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I wonder if I made an NP3, RMR'd flintlock pistol if Edelweiss would actually spend as much money on the company that provides this forum ?

Just thinking out loud here....
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters