Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appendix carry

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    That's pretty much the reason that all of us carry that way, why we advocate and teach it and have for more than a decade here at SI.

I'd recommend doing a search on the site for "Appendix Carry" we've dug through the topic in multiple threads and there's a lot of information there for you as a new appendix carrier.
    You warned him 'bout this behavior once.

Hi guys, been a long time since I posted last. I picked up a G36 from my boss and I want to incorporate it into my carry rotation, I was thinking as a BUG, I carry a G23 or G17 at 3 O’clock. Where do you find carrying a bug easily accessible while carrying a primary? EDITING to add, I had a double hernia op 4/5yrs back and anything that presses against that area hurts (appendix carry).
    Last edited by jamgusmc; 07-20-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful to God, Country, Corps.
    I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way.
    "when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke
    CRG - 1x

I carry my primary AIWB. When I carry a second pistol, I carry it at 8:30. It’s intended to access with my support hand, but I can reach it with my primary if I have to.

I have also carried the 2nd gun at 3 or 3:30 and found it works well enough, but I prefer the second gun on the other side of my body.

I’ve also tried double appendix. It works but was not especially comfortable for me.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I carry my primary AIWB. When I carry a second pistol, I carry it at 8:30. Itís intended to access with my support hand, but I can reach it with my primary if I have to.

I have also carried the 2nd gun at 3 or 3:30 and found it works well enough, but I prefer the second gun on the other side of my body.

Iíve also tried double appendix. It works but was not especially comfortable for me.
    do you find that the pants your wearing need to be bigger then the normal one size up you would use for one pistol on your belt?
    I came into this world screaming and kicking covered in someone else's blood, I intend to go out the same way.
    "when bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke
    CRG - 1x

Quote Originally Posted by jamgusmc View Post
    do you find that the pants your wearing need to be bigger then the normal one size up you would use for one pistol on your belt?
    When I carry a second, it's OWB. I wear either a shirt that is untucked or a jacket.

It's still concealed of course, but when I'm carrying a second gun my concealment concerns aren't as high.

If concealment was my top priority, and I needed to carry two pistols, I would probably opt for double appendix. Holster and gun selection are challenging here.

When I dabbled with double appendix, I was working with two full size glocks in the older Dale Fricke Seraphim holsters. They have hoods over the RMR so they add some bulk.

The Archangel 4 (no longer in production by SI) has no hood, and is less bulky and I'm sure would work better.

I have also made it work by using an NPE style holster for the 2nd gun, though I found this less than optimal. I think the NPE is very comfortable with one gun, but just doesn't work as well for me when wearing two.

I may revisit this with the current crop of holsters and a smaller gun (say a G19 and a G43).
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by jamgusmc View Post
    Hi guys, been a long time since I posted last. I picked up a G36 from my boss and I want to incorporate it into my carry rotation, I was thinking as a BUG, I carry a G23 or G17 at 3 O’clock. Where do you find carrying a bug easily accessible while carrying a primary? EDITING to add, I had a double hernia op 4/5yrs back and anything that presses against that area hurts (appendix carry).
    By "double" do you mean bi-lateral (both sides)? Due to a prior injury as a general rule I find AIWB to be very uncomfortable, however CD-IWB, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 62-10 View Post
    By "double" do you mean bi-lateral (both sides)? Due to a prior injury as a general rule I find AIWB to be very uncomfortable, however CD-IWB, no problem.
    Both sides and pain never went away, take nerve pain pills.
    CRG - 1x