Default Stand Move or Seek Cover?

NO LINKS TO OUTSIDE BLOGS/FORUMS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike Heckathorn; 04-10-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Larry...I suggest you do some reading here. I read the article...the conclusions are wrong. Like I said...read more. We have been doing this since 1995...and what we teach has been proven in blood.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe - I want to apologize for violating forum rules with an outside link.
    I thought the article was an interesting experiment because it validates your teaching: moving is good, cover is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually what I read was not exactly doing that. And since it focused on an outside training organization, the moderators closed it. I have a thread discussing that very thing now.
    Gabe Suarez

Gabe Suarez

Cover could be bad, in a proactive police or military type event with multiple proactive friends next to you. If a dude pulls a gun on you, do you scream and look for cover, then pull your gun? It depends on situation and context of what is happening. Cover could be bad for you if someone knows what they are doing. I watched a police ambush video one time where there were about 10 officers on scene, all behind cover. The bad guy laid down cover fire and walked through them like he was at the grocery store. He shot about 7 of them before they were able to put him down. So, is cover good? It can be, but not against every situation. Whatever leads to the quickest possible end to the fight....