Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Dont misunderstand guys...I have no intention of entering rhe AK market again...I am however wondering the value of a subforum like this...what does it benefit us to even have this?
    I think that the there is some value added in maintaining the years of institutional knowledge that SI has accrued.

Also even though the AK is not our first choice the study of the AK is still important to the complete study of modern war.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Maybe...but I am seeing this language more and more as ghetto-speak. Lots of ghettos online...not sure building one in the spare room is necessary.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Out of curiosity...and to predict the future...maybe

What was the last accessory you bought for your AK?

How long ago?

How much did you pay?

Bought from store or second hand?

What was the last AK rifle you bought?

How long ago?

How much did you pay?

Bought from store or second hand?

Or do you not want to answer because you are so important that the NSA has a satellite dedicated just to you and like Malkovich in the movie Red, you don't stay in the open?
    Bought my SLR 107CR for your last AK class held in Prescott. Bought it new from a store, haven't added any accessories to it, though I'm considering an Ultimak.

I'm one of the few on here that probably still runs the AK consistently, because I love the platform. The caliber turns cover into concealment, it's stupid easy to use and manipulate, it's a complete hate machine. Now, I understand the platform and it's draw backs; I have no misconceptions as to what can be done with it and what can't. I also don't allow what others CAN'T do dictate what I can.
    The biggest hindrance to adaptability is ego.

Still have a stock Arsenal sgl20 . Quite a good rifle out of the box - as long as you keep in mind what it is and what it is intended to do . Expect it to be a low maintenance iron sighted rifle for man sized targets out to about 500 yards - and you're golden.
    I was surprised how good it is , which is why I still have it .

Maybe...but I am seeing this language more and more as ghetto-speak. Lots of ghettos online...not sure building one in the spare room is necessary.
    Actually I see your point.....I just went and looked at the most current 3 pages of threads on the AK sub-fourm and its mostly crap like "help me figure out what's wrong with my cheap POS AK" or other race to the bottom questions.

And very little about the practical employment of the AK as a weapon system; so yeah kill it as it appears to have become a breeding bed for ignorance.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

How about just maintaining a read only archive of what you deem the important information on running and outfitting the ak. I’d hate to see SI’s knowledge on AK’s lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    Actually I see your point.....I just went and looked at the most current 3 pages of threads on the AK sub-fourm and its mostly crap like "help me figure out what's wrong with my cheap POS AK" or other race to the bottom questions.

And very little about the practical employment of the AK as a weapon system; so yeah kill it as it appears to have become a breeding bed for ignorance.
    That was kinda my view. Did we put the AK on the map in the USA long before anyone else? Yup. But truth be told...nobody cares about that sort of thing and everything we did on it was plagiarized by others who could not have an original thought if you surgically embedded it in their skull (even "Red October"). Go ask the majority of AK users how they reload and they won't do it the way I taught it...they will be doing the flashy shit they saw some dwarf or some giant - or some dude with an accent and a cigarette doing in a magazine.

Nope...everything we have done will be forgotten three weeks after we stop making noise about it and I am just about done with any association with a platform that offers no return on investment.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

My AKs are basically built. Put on an ultimak, some magpul furniture, a red dot, and a sling and you are done. My money is going on 300 BLK/AR pistols/Braces/Lasers/NV etc. Sure, if you tell me I've got to go fight on the planet Klingon I'm taking my AK and leaving the pretty AR girls on earth. But there is really nothing left to do with my AKs but enjoy shooting them.

I'm constantly tempted by a AK pistol but my 300blks do that and are easier to add optics/lights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 5x5 View Post
    How about just maintaining a read only archive of what you deem the important information on running and outfitting the ak. I’d hate to see SI’s knowledge on AK’s lost.
    I humbly agree . I came here to learn about them - because it was the only place to get sensible information on the weapon .

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post

That or Sticky all the quality threads and close them. If Cheap Charlie shows, we delete the threads.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities