Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Maybe something like a Library of Suarez knowledge reserve.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

What was the last accessory you bought for your AK?

Probably my Magpul handguard...

How long ago?

At least a year, probably closer to 2.

How much did you pay?

Cant even recall.

Bought from store or second hand?

Store.

What was the last AK rifle you bought?

SGL-31

How long ago?

At least 6 years ago.

How much did you pay?

$800... maybe a little more.

Bought from store or second hand?

Store.
    Last edited by Shooter76; 04-05-2018 at 02:46 PM.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Default AK Pistol

After doing research for a truck gun, I ended up on a Draco Micro this year. I then spent hundreds of dollars on a rail system, foregrip, arm brace, sling, red dot, tanker mags, trigger system, grip, safety, pin clip, etc.. that was off the top of my head. Very happy with it, and learning it all the time. Shoots flawlessly. I'm very happy with the system, just waiting for my OSS supressor to tax stamp and then I'll be off to the races.
    Last edited by sfc; 10-30-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    my heart will not be afraid.
    Even if I am attacked,
    I will remain confident.

Psalm 27:3 (NLT)

Sold off the 7.62 AK w ultimak and red dot to fund the RMR SI 3-17 build. Once I discovered the AR pistol outshot the AK its life was short lived. I was attached to it, but if you want good things you have to be willing to sell good things. The RMR Glock is on my hip or appendix almost every waking hour.

Last thing to go was the last lump of ammo and mags...

ammo 3.jpg
    Last edited by m48shooter; 10-31-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Last rifle? My SGL21 8 years ago at a local gun shop. last accessory? The midwest industries rail I bought from you maybe 5 years ago.

I still have the SGL21 I also still have my SLR106. I'm about to do some upgrades on both now that I have the extra capital coming in to do so and the fact that there are better things available I cut my tang off back when ACE was the only thing in town there are better stock adapters now I'm not worried about having a folder on my 7.62 rifle.

They are good rifles probably two of the best AKs ever imported however they will be relegated to secondary roles for now on I'll never try mounting magnified optics on them again it makes them too heavy, awkward and they are a pain to zero both will get red dots and I'll keep the irons zeroed and practice with them a few times a year.

The AR makes things too easy, with the quality we have available now reliability isn't an issue, they are more accurate than the AK, it's easier to mount and zero magnified optics I can have a red dot and 1-6 that I can switch out at will without losing zero.

I can build a 7.5" 300 aac AR pistol throw it in a discreet bag, travel with it and retain similar ballistics to a short barreled 7.62 AK with it being lighter, more controllable more compact, easier to suppress and with a better trigger.

When good AKs started costing the same as BCM and Daniel defense ARs they lost much of their viability.

My time using the AK was helpful Its the first rifle I learned how to fight with I appreciate time I spent with it however I don't miss trying to zero them

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Magpul furniture for a 7.62 WASR underfolder and a full stock 5.45 Arsenal, also a heavy duty sight adjustment tool. I bought the Magpul stuff and tool new. Magpul from Amazon and tool direct from Midway or something like that. I bought the underfolder new from a gunshop in Sierra Vista, Arizona in about 2009 and the fixed stock from a guy on Warrior Talk through the Stuff For Sale page. A friend of mine put some kind of tough flat black coating on the underfolder that I really like. I have had a BUNCH of AKs but I sold all except these a while ago, mostly to WT guys. The underfolder lives in my truck cab and gets shot a lot. The fixed stock 74 only comes out for range fun and classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Still useful weapons, still need to be part of the warrior's vocabulary of violence.
    It isn't "OUR" first choice as a weapon BUT it is the weapon the of choice for our enemy. Long ago as in the last century, I took a Foreign Weapons class. Back then we were worried about the SOVIETS flooding through the Fuda Gap, so I seemed like a good idea to know the capabilities of the enemies. Today we still have AKs in the hands of the of the old and new enemy or maybe its new enemies.

I dont pretend to understand how to run a website and certainly not how to make money doing it. Ultimately though it seems hard to call myself a warrior if I dont at least have some knowledge of my enemy's equipment and capabilities. I dont think Im alone in coming to WT for knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    It isn't "OUR" first choice as a weapon BUT it is the weapon the of choice for our enemy. Long ago as in the last century, I took a Foreign Weapons class. Back then we were worried about the SOVIETS flooding through the Fuda Gap, so I seemed like a good idea to know the capabilities of the enemies. Today we still have AKs in the hands of the of the old and new enemy or maybe its new enemies.

I don't pretend to understand how to run a website and certainly not how to make money doing it. Ultimately though it seems hard to call myself a warrior if I dont at least have some knowledge of my enemy's equipment and capabilities. I dont think Im alone in coming to WT for knowledge
    Where else?

I don't ever expect to see "how to run the SAA Colt in the 21st Century" or "Combat Use of the Winchester .351 SL" on this forum, but I bet there are guys here who could school me in both and teach me how to fix 'em if they break.

Weapons aside, this forum sharpens our thinking and our critical analysis of a world gone mad.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 15. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Where else?

I don't ever expect to see "how to run the SAA Colt in the 21st Century" or "Combat Use of the Winchester .351 SL" on this forum, but I bet there are guys here who could school me in both and teach me how to fix 'em if they break.

Weapons aside, this forum sharpens our thinking and our critical analysis of a world gone mad.
    First I do agree that this forum DOES sharpen our thinking and the way I look at the world.

No I don’t expect to need a how to run a SAA sub forum here; but that doesn’t mean that the knowledge is beyond our need. Likewise I don’t expect too many encounters with a SAA toting thug (OTOH I can see a SAA toting good guy might be possible in some parts of the country-and I’ll take whatever help I can get). That being said, I do expect to see a HiPoint carrying thug so knowing how to operate one isn’t a bad idea and I can assure you that I have see plenty of Drako like AK pistols and full size AK rifles in the hands of the kinds of guys who camouflage themselves in long white T shirts and gold chains.

Again I don’t pretend to know the economics of running a forum and I’m sure some thugs have to be downgraded.

In truth, a rifle is a rifle is a rifle. Once you know the mechanics of a kalashnikov, there is no need to spend much more than occasional familiarization with one. And if we realize that picking up the bad guy's rifle is a truly foolish thing to do (unless you have already been foolish and not brought your weapon), the notion of using the other guy's rifle is shot down (no pun intended). I have not touched an AK in about three years and don't have any plans to change that in the next three. I have one AK left, an Arsenal SBR that I like, but all the others have been sold off as not necessary for me.

The AK culture in the USA...and it started here...(not with Fuller and not with Puzikas who were brought in by us later) today is driven by a "good enough", "home built" mentality that is fed by price first, then trying to make it the equal of the M4 second. So while an over achiever can make an AK do great things (as well as a High Point or a SAA), it is never going to be a first choice...and we are all bout first choices here.

What do I spend my training time on these days? The weapons I am most likely to have with me in a gunfight, in our very increasingly interesting times - 80% of my time on RMR-equipped Suarez Glocks and SIGs, and 20% of my time on 12 ga 870s.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters