Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Perhaps after executing a Krav Maga choke from the front defense, the attacker doesn’t fall or tilt forward and leans or starts off balancing backwards. You are in very close and would be an effective continuation to take them down. That’s how I teach how to incorporate a major outside reap with a KM technique.

Quote Originally Posted by flhman View Post
    Perhaps after executing a Krav Maga choke from the front defense, the attacker doesn’t fall or tilt forward and leans or starts off balancing backwards. You are in very close and would be an effective continuation to take them down. That’s how I teach how to incorporate a major outside reap with a KM technique.
    Agreed. That would be a great time for osoto gari.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

I love it when we discuss things like this. My Sensei from many moons ago taught us this throw very early on. One of my fellow students a few belts above me was prone to serving this up on a silver platter. I took it every time. He never learned. Awesome stuff.
    "Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife

I will remember that if the monsterous creature is within clubbing range, it is a tight situation, and start clubbing. This is true even if my firearm still works. No reason not to club and shoot at the same time.

Whacking: The redistribution or impairment of biological functions intended to eliminate intercellular cooperation within a sentient organism.

Quote Originally Posted by flhman View Post
    I just did a seminar last week end with Ryan Hoover,and we worked quite a bit on takedowns from Russian arm bar and arm drags,different techniques but similar concepts. Thanks for the reply flhman.

Good video and throw. My instructor with Gung Ho Chuan was a longtime karateka who loved to work these throws and foot sweeps into our training.
    A man has honor if he holds himself to a course of conduct because of a conviction that is in the general interest,even though he is well aware that it may lead to inconvenience, personal loss, humiliation, or grave personal risk. Brigadier General S.L.A. Marshall, The Armed Forces Officer, 1950

If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness. Theodore Roosevelt