Default Long Range Fun Shoot March 30-31

Break out your Guerilla Sniper Rifles or any other long range rifle and join a few long range guys at Arena Training in Blakely Ga. This is not a training event, but you'll probably learn a thing or 2 anyway. The cost are the Range fees of $75 for one day and 125 for 2 days. a cabin with 2 beds is $100 for the night. Shooting will be on the 2000 yard UKD range and we have it all day on Friday and Saturday. I'll bring extra steel targets for known distance shooting. Must bring a zeroed rifle there are no paper targets at 100/200 yards. Starts 9am on Friday March 30. For those that have not been there this is one more awesome range. It has been closed for a couple of years but the new owners are a great bunch and are running it better than before.
    Hope to see you there.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Vandiver View Post
    Break out your Guerilla Sniper Rifles or any other long range rifle and join a few long range guys at Arena Training in Blakely Ga. This is not a training event, but you'll probably learn a thing or 2 anyway. The cost are the Range fees of $75 for one day and 125 for 2 days. a cabin with 2 beds is $100 for the night. Shooting will be on the 2000 yard UKD range and we have it all day on Friday and Saturday. I'll bring extra steel targets for known distance shooting. Must bring a zeroed rifle there are no paper targets at 100/200 yards. Starts 9am on Friday March 30. For those that have not been there this is one more awesome range. It has been closed for a couple of years but the new owners are a great bunch and are running it better than before.
    Hope to see you there.
    If I was there Scott I would go. I back in Cali and Idaho for a bit.

A good sniper style rifle is on my bucket list for sure. Sounds like a lot of fun to be had here!
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

I am sure we'll have a few guys show up with standard rifles and AR's off all types. I am bringing 3 Ar's in 556,308 and 6.5CM. I had a lady show up last time and made consistent hits on an IPSC target at 500yard using a Nikon BDC scope and a 16in AR. There is more to shooting long range than the gun. Optics, ammo and shooter all play a equal role at distance. Even a factory Walmart 308 will shoot 600 yards when the other factors are excellent. Probably not an MOA gun but most likely minute of bad guy. WE are planning on testing this concept at this shoot with a Remington ADL a Redfield scope and match ammo. I am expecting 800 yards will be the limit. but it is possible to it will go to 1000. I know the Ballistics charts say it will but I think the scope will not have enough elevation to get there.
    Scott Vandiver
    NRA Training Counselor
    Private Security Instructor
    Www.centerfiretraining.com