Default TSD Upper gets a new lower

The Glock 19 is a good size...large enough to shoot well, small enough to hide. Except during the summer here in humid Missouri. There are times only the short handle of the Glock 26 can be hidden without printing. So, yep, after thinking about it for a long time, I took a bandsaw to a Glock 19. I am quite happy with the result:
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like precise work!

Thanks. It is easy enough...just go REALLY slow. I had a few 26 Mags around...with a Plus floorplate, stock, and a Peirce Grip Extender. So I could make sure everything fit like the factory mags...not that I can admit to "getting" the point of longer mags. If I can afford to hide the longer mag, I will use the stock 19 lower. The bandsaw made the first cut go a lot faster, but I shaped everything else up with files, sandpaper and X Acto knives. I happened to do the work in the shop of accomplished gunsmith, but truth be told I could have done it at home. It was just nice to run it by Reid before I started hacking.

By the way, the initial cuts looked like Ray Charles did them with his feet. But stick with it and everything cleans up pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester67 View Post
    Thanks. It is easy enough...just go REALLY slow. I had a few 26 Mags around...with a Plus floorplate, stock, and a Peirce Grip Extender. So I could make sure everything fit like the factory mags...not that I can admit to "getting" the point of longer mags. If I can afford to hide the longer mag, I will use the stock 19 lower. The bandsaw made the first cut go a lot faster, but I shaped everything else up with files, sandpaper and X Acto knives. I happened to do the work in the shop of accomplished gunsmith, but truth be told I could have done it at home. It was just nice to run it by Reid before I started hacking.
    It's always comforting to have that expert looking over your shoulder ....

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester67 View Post
    By the way, the initial cuts looked like Ray Charles did them with his feet. But stick with it and everything cleans up pretty slick.

That's sound advice for any project!

Looks good!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Very nice!

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.

Well done! That thing looks badass!