Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Austin bombings

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    I did a bit of Facebook searching as soon as I saw the name. White, homeschooled, Christian family ... expect the leftist media to go wall to wall with this. SMH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I think they're looking at it the wrong way.

I don't know many 23 year olds these days who could construct even a simple explosive... much less a bomb. Sounds like a win for homeschooling to me \_(ツ)_/
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Says he worked for a semiconductor company so likely had some knowledge of electronics.

Sometimes I think LEO says too much about how they find a suspect/solve a crime; for example cell phone triangulation. Conversely, anyone who reads much or even watches some of the crime shows, already knows this.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Ordering specialized batteries and having your cell phone on.... FAIL on trade craft....

Glad his dead and took no LEOs with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Says he worked for a semiconductor company so likely had some knowledge of electronics.

Sometimes I think LEO says too much about how they find a suspect/solve a crime; for example cell phone triangulation. Conversely, anyone who reads much or even watches some of the crime shows, already knows this.
    I don't read the papers anymore, but when I did I noticed that if one were to collect all the articles on various crimes and terrorist acts one could compile them into a "Poor Man's James Bond" type book. Some of the articles included information that the average person would not have otherwise known. It might not have been enough for a person to go from reading the articles to constructing a device or committing an act, but they had enough info to get someone started. The really dumb one was the article in The Arizona Republic showing how the guy who derailed the train disabled the warning sensors.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    I did a bit of Facebook searching as soon as I saw the name. White, homeschooled, Christian family ... expect the leftist media to go wall to wall with this. SMH.
    I don't even believe it ...

Default The surveillance state tracks down Austin bomber

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies" -- Groucho Marx

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. --John Adams