Default AMD 65 trigger problem

Anybody have a problem with an AMD 65 trigger not resetting itself?- jw

I have never had the problem described, but guys have had trouble putting springs in the wrong way. It is a free fix.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I have never had the problem described, but guys have had trouble putting springs in the wrong way. It is a free fix.

Choirboy
    Bingo.

I`m going to bet the trigger has been fitted to the hammer backwards of the position it should be in. Give me a minute OP and I`ll take some detailed pictures for reference.

EDITED WITH PICS

Pic 1: Hammer back, viewed looking backwards from the chamber area:

DmuHyfc.jpg

Pic 2: Hammer forward in fired position, viewed from the rear.

IhpkuFz.jpg
    Last edited by Fjordforder; 03-12-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Check the two inside ends of the hammer spring, where they are near the sides of the disconnector.
    Occasionally, I've seen them interfere with proper disconnector operation, especially if the disconnector spring is on the weak side.

Eta: the spring looks correctly installed.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations
    Class II/ 07 SOT Manufacturer
    Glock Advanced Armorer

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

What is not clear is if the AMD was working previously with proper trigger reset and then all of sudden stopped working. Or did this happened after it was disassembled. If you have not already done so make sure none of the trigger pins have slipped and also that the legs of the hammer spring are where they should be.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Do not forget to verify the function of the disconnector spring.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez