Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Those who recognize and know the dark arts may choose not to partake, but those who don’t are subservient to them.
    Indeed.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Simply a guess, but I see KWTL for everyone, but KWTL-DA (Dark Arts) for those who are deep in the gray by personality or profession.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 03-12-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Simply a guess, but I see KWTL for everyone, but KWTL-DA (Dark Arts) for those who are deep in the gray by personality or profession.
    AND THOSE WILL BE VETTED PERSONALLY BY US
    Gabriel Suarez

A great, informative article. Was already thinking about a KWTL seminar. Now think it would be invaluable. Thanks for the post!
    Dfkeating

CRG Houston 10/13 - 10/15/17

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    The large thing to understand is the total event. The more things are clearly in your favor, the more at ease you can be. The more grey they may be the more guarded. It really is as simple as that. For example - two personal examples.
    That's a very helpful distinction, Gabe.

Similarly, I think that things like location (The cops' & DA's view of self-defense in Alabama might be very different than that in Connecticut.) or the perpetrator's demographics (it's much harder to make a case why you had to shoot a teenage girl when you're a 200 lb guy) or local politics (DA is running for re-election and trying to portray himself as a Defender of The Poor) might make a big difference in how you have to approach these conversations - even if the actual shooting is utterly, perfectly justified.
    Armed Puritan

At the risk of turning this into one of those "Well...in MARYLAND" threads, yes, location makes a difference. But when I say that everyone pictures themselves living behind the iron curtain in Texas. We know very well that there are places in the ostensibly free United States that are quite oppressive, but not every place is that way. If you are legal to carry, you are legal to defend yourself. The clearer it is, the easier it is. And there is a great deal of clarity that your words can bring to the table. That said, I do not travel very much in places like Maryland or New York. I just don't feel the need to go there. But as I said...that doesn't describe every place.

As an example...in Orange County California...yes its orange County...but its also California, only 3% of homicide investigations were ever referred for charges and prosecution. THREE PERCENT!!

And those 3% had some sort of uncovered deception, some sort of inconsistency in the story, or some sort of clear evidence of "other than self-defense". And that is in California so if you live any place other than a deep leftist state, you needn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA303 View Post
    That's a very helpful distinction, Gabe.

Similarly, I think that things like location (The cops' & DA's view of self-defense in Alabama might be very different than that in Connecticut.) or the perpetrator's demographics (it's much harder to make a case why you had to shoot a teenage girl when you're a 200 lb guy) or local politics (DA is running for re-election and trying to portray himself as a Defender of The Poor) might make a big difference in how you have to approach these conversations - even if the actual shooting is utterly, perfectly justified.
    Gabriel Suarez

And those 3% had some sort of uncovered deception, some sort of inconsistency in the story, or some sort of clear evidence of "other than self-defense". And that is in California so if you live any place other than a deep leftist state, you needn't worry.
    Inconsistency kills credibility. Right, wrong, innocent or guilty - if inconsistency is present you’re a suspect. If I know the interviewers need is to show inconsistency it contextualizes my mindset, answers and defense.

A cop who tells you not to be aware of these dark aspects is a hypocrite, and you know sure as shit he’d be aware and play them if he were on the other side of the table.

This all sounds very dark of me...I’d better go take a shower.

Want to really know the cost of an inconsistency in a criminal case when beyond a reasonable doubt can’t be proven? A plea deal.
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 03-13-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Inconsistency kills credibility. Right, wrong, innocent or guilty - if inconsistency is present you’re a suspect. If I know the interviewers need is to show inconsistency it contextualizes my mindset, answers and defense.

A cop who tells you not to be aware of these dark aspects is a hypocrite, and you know sure as shit he’d be aware and play them if he were on the other side of the table.

This all sounds very dark of me...I’d better go take a shower.

Want to really know the cost of an inconsistency in a criminal case when beyond a reasonable doubt can’t be proven? A plea deal.
    Something cops in my state need to keep in mind, especially in light of the legislation the Governor just signed regarding the use of deadly force by LEOs.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 15. And a wakeup.

At the risk of turning this into one of those "Well...in MARYLAND" threads, yes, location makes a difference.....
    Hell Gabe Id say its even more important in those kinda places. Stuff like this is just as important to a warrior as trigger squeeze and breath control. The scary part is that I still keep hearing from attorneys (especially those in legal insurance groups), to remain silent and let them do the talking--F THAT. Ive seen the cop side of this-remaining silent is a sure path to the suspect category, and once there itll take God in his heaven to change that status in the report.

I’m intrigued by were this course/line of thinking is going. I’ve gone through SERE C and 3 other interrogation resistance courses and I would love to see how my training matches up with KWTL. I’ll get to a course eventually but I’m at the point in my life where matching my work schedule to SI’s class schedule is much harder than affording the tuition.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”