Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    From my arguably limited perspective with a shotgun in a combat role, a semi-auto is fine... but I can run a pump about as fast as a semi and score aimed hits. Semi's seem to me to be slower to load, but that could just be me.

As far as a "accessories" go, a five shot side saddle is a good addition. For sights, I like a double bead, but that's just what I'm used to looking at.

The flashlight I'm conflicted over. On one hand, a light is a good addition to a fighting long gun. On the other, do I really need a light at shotgun distances? I dunno. I guess it's ultimately a small weight sacrifice for a potentially big payout.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post

The flashlight I'm conflicted over. On one hand, a light is a good addition to a fighting long gun. On the other, do I really need a light at shotgun distances? I dunno. I guess it's ultimately a small weight sacrifice for a potentially big payout.
    I have the same dilemma. Don’t want/ see the need bad enough to spring for the surefire foreend but that’s the only one that keeps the overall profile of the gun the way I want it.

Living as I do; there’s minimal need for one because I’m either at home and my wife is next to me or I’m in my camper and absolutely no one else should be inside. Everyone else is perceived as a threat. When I lived in my shitty apartment, there was always the chance of someone walking into the wrong one, drunk and forcing the door open, etc. And there, a light was an absolute necessity.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

The shotgun is a thinking mans rapier, and the brawling caveman's club.

My girlfriend is 5'3 and 116#. She handles a 12 gauge fine. This is not about frame or size unless Mexican conditions exist. It's a training issue and a mindset issue.

The shotgun as stated delivers trauma. It brings the pain. One thing I'd underscore though, is that it's a massive pistol, not a massive rifle, terminally speaking. It delivers fight stopping by removing material that the projectiles touch, except in the case of very soft fosters (Winchester comes to mind) or buckshot in a tight pattern where the pellet tsc overlaps with other pellet tsc. In other words, you will not get remote trauma or nearly the secondary projectile effect from a gauge as you will a rifle. It punches relatively clean holes, damaging only what it touches. Luckily for the user, it touches a lot.

The other aspect is the sheer variety of ammunition, and how and when. It goes without saying. That said, a thinking man can use 00 in a crowded shopping mall without much worry. It just takes technique.