Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TACC View Post
    That ain't getting through TSA , these people are checking anomalies foung in my collar and rolled up sleeves, much less something if real substance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yep, try flying with metal in you. The scanner almost always picks up something.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

So defining NPEs briefly. There are Level 1 NPE which are decided upon by the owner of a venue and carry no legal ramifications other than being denied entry or being asked to leave. Then there are Level 2 NPE which carry a legal standing but are in unenforced state...such as an official building of some sort without a scan or pat down needed for access. Finally there are Level 3 NPE which have security of some sort (Police, TSA, etc.) and may have serious legal repercussions if violated (airplanes as one example).

Now the reality of things. There are guys who have no physical strength, no ability to fight with their hands, and have lead soft and comfortable and well fed lives whose only source of self defense on earth is a pistol. That my friends is a horrible thing to be by choice. Your first line weapons are these. Physical strength and martial ability. You do not need to be a BJJ master or an MMA contender. You will not be fighting a "match" with another man of your age and weight and skill. Just needig to discuss this smacks of a naivette toward violence that some have. You need to have the ability to break a neck, a leg, or a head. You need the strength to pick up a man and throw him through a window, off a balcony, or into traffic. And you need the physical toughness and immunity from the sort of pain that would shut down the most vociferous dad-bod ber swiller. Having that is worth all of the dual use, and overt use weapons ever made.

Next is an understanding of the ground you fight on. Shades of Musashi's Book of Ground. What is the real likelihood that you will be in a life and death gun, knife or fist fight so crazy they will write a rock ballad about? In a Post Office? Hmm...possible...good active shooter target, and well...we can dispense with all the "Going Postal" jokes. Same goes for a school, a church, a library, a mall, and other similar venues. So yes...being armed there is a good idea. How about in a large sporting event where everyone is being scanned by off duty police prior to entry? Yeah...still, although not as likely. How about on an airplane? Much less likely.

The point is that you always have your first line warrior body and skills. Adding layers to this depends on the ground and the environment. In places with extreme high levels of security that the screening is well funded and the repercussions for being discovered in violation are high, you will not have any layers added. I can choke a man out in three seconds. I can knock him out by smashing his head against a wall. I have done these things. The skill and ability to confidently say, yes I can do that to him is more useful and valuable than trying to sneak a ninja knife past TSA, or the Deputy manning the scanner, that won't accomplish the mission any better or faster.

Now to those "other venues"...I will discuss later.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

The point is that you always have your first line warrior body and skills. Adding layers to this depends on the ground and the environment. In places with extreme high levels of security that the screening is well funded and the repercussions for being discovered in violation are high, you will not have any layers added. I can choke a man out in three seconds. I can knock him out by smashing his head against a wall. I have done these things. The skill and ability to confidently say, yes I can do that to him is more useful and valuable than trying to sneak a ninja knife past TSA, or the Deputy manning the scanner, that won't accomplish the mission any better or faster.
    YES!!!

I remember a shooting session many years ago with a karate master. It was great fun for all, the Japanese don't get many opportunities to go shooting.

He had a great time and appreciated the experience (and he was surprisingly good at it). Afterwards over food and drink, we discussed training, karate, shooting, etc. To conclude the discussion he held up a fist and said "This...this is better than the gun. You always have it with you."

I think there's a bit more to it than that. But he wasn't exactly wrong either.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas