Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default INTERESTING NPE BLADES - Spyderco's ARK Knife

spcfb35pbk.jpg

The ARK—or “Always Ready Knife™—is a purpose-designed personal-defense knife conceived by U.S. Army combat veteran John Shirley and his friend Sam Owens. While deployed to Afghanistan, Shirley learned that an alarming number of U.S. personnel were falling victim to sexual assault, particularly while showering. Drawing from his knowledge of the Japanese martial arts and with the help of Owens’ skills as a craftsman, they developed the ARK as a lightweight self-defense tool that can literally be carried anywhere.

The heart of the ARK is its deeply curved clip-point blade ground from H-1® steel—a nitrogen-based alloy that is completely immune to rust. The curved edge packs impressive cutting power into the compact blade and the clip-point profile ensures a strong, extremely sharp point. The ARK’s fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle is molded directly onto the tang and features Spyderco’s proven Bi-Directional Texturing™ pattern and an index-finger groove to guarantee a secure grip—even with wet hands.
    To ensure universal carry, the ARK includes an injection-molded polymer neck sheath with a breakaway ball chain.

Best of all, the ARK and its sheath together weigh only 2.0 ounces (57 grams), so you’ll hardly know it’s there—until you need it.

5" overall. 2.5" H1 steel blade. Black FRN handle. Thumb pull. Lanyard hole. Black polymer neck sheath.

BUY IT HERE
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

It's a great little knife, and it really doesn't rust.

Mine has been soaked in sweat from exercising in deep South heat and humidity countless times. It was just in the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of hours every day this past week.

I just rinsed some sand and salt haze off it in the sink, and tossed it in it's drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    It's a great little knife, and it really doesn't rust.

Mine has been soaked in sweat from exercising in deep South heat and humidity countless times. It was just in the Gulf of Mexico for a couple of hours every day this past week.

I just rinsed some sand and salt haze off it in the sink, and tossed it in it's drawer.
    Could you take a photo of yours in your hand for scale? I’d be interested in seeing that.

Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thanks Gabe.

What is/are the best option(s) for the cord/necklace? I have nickel allergies, so any cheap metal will give me an itchy rash. When it comes to metal, I can only wear stainless steel or other similar alloys, sterling silver (at least 99% pure) or 14K gold.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    What is/are the best option(s) for the cord/necklace? I have nickel allergies, so any cheap metal will give me an itchy rash. When it comes to metal, I can only wear stainless steel or other similar alloys, sterling silver (at least 99% pure) or 14K gold.
    I may have just answered my own question. Apparently, you can get ball chain in sterling silver and/or stainless steel.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    You can get some nice black Ti chains on Ebay for under 20 bucks.

--ML

I've worn an "ARK" for the last couple years, but worn some type of neck knife 30 plus.. I like the little Spyderco best of any that I've worn. I totally forgot I still had it on the other day when I went in for xrays on my neck, that is until I pulled my shirt off during the exam. The xray tech made a comment "you expecting trouble?"; I just replied - always....

BTW, mine came with a quality stainless bead chain.
    Cranky Old Guy

NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Army Jan 73 - Dec 79

"We don't want yellow cowards in this Army. They should be killed off like rats. If not, they will go home after this war and breed more cowards. The brave men will breed more brave men. Kill off the Goddamned cowards and we will have a nation of brave men."

“In case of doubt, attack.”
    ― George S. Patton Jr.

"If the government is the answer, then the question is stupid!"

Can't wait. Placed an assorted order today and the ARK was on it.
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, 8/12/16
    CRG - 3, 8/13 - 8/14/16
    RGF - 2, 7/15 - 7/16/17
    CRG - 5, 7/7 - 7/8/18
    Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting, 10/12 - 10/13/19
    Advanced Kalashnikov Gunfighting 10/11 - 10/12/20
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris