Default Extended Slide Release Installation

I recently bought the Glock extended slide release (SI-EMR-9) to install on my G22 that I am adapting to PDW format. Unfortunately, I have not been able to install it yet. Seems that the button needs to be removed before the release can be slid into place, and then the button re-installed. I assume that something like Locktite has been used on the little screw that holds this together, as it is very solidly in place. I don't seem to have the correct, really tiny, Allen wrench or star drive that is required, and I don't want to risk messing up the screw by using the wrong tool. Does anyone have an idea as to the correct drive size that I need to obtain to install this mag release, or is there something that I am missing? I usually don't have any problem with installing parts into Glock pistols, but this seems to need a tool that I don't currently have.

Mack Peirson

we do not have a slide release. we do have an extended mag release, it requires a .50 allen wrench, they come in most bargain bin allen key sets. if you cannot get a hold of one, let us know and we will get one in the mail for you.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Right. I guess that’s what I get for doing the message in between business phone calls!