Default how small will a CAT / SOF tourniquet go?

I'm sketching out a tourniquet trainer - what is the smallest a CAT or SOF tourniquet go?

There used to be a medical forum around here, did it die off?

A TQ trainer? If you mean manual that's pretty simple, buy Beating the Reaper from SI https://suarezinternational.com/medicine-first-aid/. If you mean a training TQ, that's just a TQ you use for training only and don't carry.

As far as the CAT I don't recall the exact measurement in inches but it's basically no smaller than the length of the platform of the TQ, this is why I like the Cav Arms TQ for daily carry. It's cheaper, smaller, and works on any size limb. The CAT is a better self applied TQ for adults.
    Last edited by Greg Nichols; 02-13-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Sorry I meant a dummy a TQ can be used on - how big around do I need to make the 'limb' - I had a case of the morning stupids - the fake can be roughly the size of my bicep, over thinking.

head hung in shame