Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BRO AR

Quote Originally Posted by Cosantoir View Post
    No one keeps an FN49 as a go-to weapon. They keep it as a collectible.....
    Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    This.

I have a lot of antique, unique, or heirloom guns that I don't carry and rarely shoot. I'm not trading or selling any of them....
    Well you guys can collect what you want, God knows Ive wasted a lot of money and time on shite BUT personally I just cant find any love for a Daewoo and I'm pretty certain tha it wont gain any significant value. True the Black Rain AR is just an AR but it is a good (actually better than good) AR and AR parts are going to be around till well into the portable laser period.

I take it you haven't spent much time behind a K2. In many ways it is a better platform than the AR. Due to its piston system it runs cooler and cleaner than an AR. It has a much better standard trigger than an AR. Mine breaks around 4.5lbs. Gas system is easy to adjust with your fingers. Sights are excellent. Folding stock is rock solid and allows easier carry and rifle can be fired with stock folded. Dependability is on par with an AK and malfs are pretty much non-existant. Less muzzle rise due to the fact that bore is almost centered on buttstock. The rifle has indeed risen in value since I purchased it. They were around $600 when I purchased mine. A good example these days goes for around $1300-1400. That's why I've decided to keep the Daewoo. The only platform that I think is better is the Robinson Armament XCR, which by the way, took a few ideas from the K2. I have one of those, too, not for collection purposes, but for use. I am not denigrating the AR in any way. As I mentioned before, I have 5 of them. My 14.5 Rock River AR has performed extremely well, but it is not as good a platform as the two mentioned before. I say that from a totally unbiased point of view. I have run quite a few rounds through all of them. I would trust all of them if my life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    I take it you haven't spent much time behind a K2..
    Brother its your gun do what you want. You asked for opinions. It really doesn't matter how great the Daewoo is, there are (were lots of great guns)--What does matter is that its not supportable. Sure the price has gone up, hell the price has gone up on the SPAS 12; that doesn't mean Id want it as a combat shotgun; yeah maybe to hang on the wall BUT as an oddity and so you know that I'm in the same boat, I sold my Bren gun, and FAL for those same reasons.

Just so we're clear I think its terrible that that AR is in effect the only combat rifle in military use. I remember back in the 80s, there were maybe 20 different rifles in NATO armies (and BTW civilian hands) BUT that has changed. Now its AR vs AK, anything else is just something on the fringe. You don't have to like it (I don't); but it IS the way it IS.

The Daewoo's not a shooter, it's just cool to own. I own a few weapons that may be "valuable" to some degree but are for the most part useless when you consider that they just sit in the safe.

I'd approach this trade looking at it as trading something you don't shoot for something you will.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."