Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRO AR

Default BRO AR

Anyone had any experience with Black Rain Ordnance ARs? A guy wants to trade me the BRO AR for my Daewoo K2. I really like the K2, and think it is a better system than the AR all around, but getting parts for it can be a nightmare. Reverse side to it is that it has and will continue to increase in value. What would you do?
    Last edited by ronlassit; 02-12-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Your Daewoo K2 will only increase in value while the AR won't. He's getting the better end of the deal here.
    I'd stick the K2 in the back of the safe and forget it's there and buildup a good AR to my personal specs.

TRADE IT and do it fast. The Daewoo may be a better system-maybe??? BUT its a dead system. The world moved past it years ago. Keeping that is like keeping a FN49. Just because its a good system, doesn't mean its a viable system. Obviously do what you want. I faced the same issue with my FALs and Galils and my BREN Gun. I loved them but they aren't much more than wall hangers now and where will they be in 10+ years besides an oddity of past generations....

Like it or not the AR is the platform the world has adopted.

So since nobody else is answering your question. Black Rain is a high quality manufacturer. I would expect the AR will be a quality, reliable shooter.

As far as the trade goes. The Daewoo (I thought they made cars and TVs) is going to have some collectors value further down the road if you're interested in that and will likely go up in value (and it's kinda cool) where the AR is pretty much going to be a used AR it's entire life.

If it were me I'd ditch the Daewoo for the AR because the AR is more prevalent but that's just the way I see it
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Classic conundrum... are you a collector or a shooter? The best collector items are often stuff you don't want to shoot or use in the real world, either because you don't want to hurt the value or because technology and advancements have left it behind. If you are a shooter and don't care about collectibles, then it's hard to argue for anything other than an AR today, as has been hashed out ad nauseum here. If you are like many gun owners and can't stand the thought of selling a gun "because you just never know what's going to happen in the future", then figure out how to keep it AND get an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    are you a collector or a shooter?
    This is exactly it. I recently semi-retired my Sig 556. It's a fantastic gun. I love shooting it. But my hard work guns are ARs now. If money were plenty enough, I'd say to just mothball the Daewoo and keep it in a reserve status, but I understand economics doesn't always allow that.
    Virtute et Armis

WIN_20180211_223113.jpgI have 5 ARs, so I don't really need another. I even still have a couple of AKs sitting around. I just wanted a so-called top tier AR. Black Rain does make an excellent weapon. I probably should just go ahead and keep it. I do know a guy still in Korea that might be able to pick me up a few things such as a firing pin, extractor and spring, just the little things to keep the gun running if something breaks, which I really don't expect. Would I trust my life with the rifle?, Absolutely. It has a Valdada red-dot sight and a Magpul VFG mounted on it. The 18.3" barrel will get me more velocity than my 16" or 14.5" ARs, and it will fire with the stock folded, which an AR will not do. Running a can on it is easier and cleaner than an AR due to the easily adjustable gas system. Think I just talked myself into keeping it.
    Last edited by ronlassit; 02-13-2018 at 04:00 PM.

If you'r going to keep it get the spare parts now while you still can. (I speak from experience with an old uncommon heirloom.)
    Monte

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    TRADE IT and do it fast. The Daewoo may be a better system-maybe??? BUT its a dead system. The world moved past it years ago. Keeping that is like keeping a FN49. Just because its a good system, doesn't mean its a viable system. Obviously do what you want. I faced the same issue with my FALs and Galils and my BREN Gun. I loved them but they aren't much more than wall hangers now and where will they be in 10+ years besides an oddity of past generations....

Like it or not the AR is the platform the world has adopted.

No one keeps an FN49 as a go-to weapon. They keep it as a collectible. Same thing with the Daewoo. ARs are as cheap as they'll ever be these days. No reason to buy or trade for a boutique AR made by some small-time shop when you can pick up a S&W MP15 for around $500 or put one together with your choice of quality parts for little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosantoir View Post
    No one keeps an FN49 as a go-to weapon. They keep it as a collectible. Same thing with the Daewoo. ARs are as cheap as they'll ever be these days. No reason to buy or trade for a boutique AR made by some small-time shop when you can pick up a S&W MP15 for around $500 or put one together with your choice of quality parts for little more.
    This.

I have a lot of antique, unique, or heirloom guns that I don't carry and rarely shoot. I'm not trading or selling any of them... especially not for an AR

Anyone who know's their ass from a hole in the ground, and has some patience and the tools can build a top tier AR.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.