Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’m still waiting for the San Andreas flush they promised us years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I just find it so hard to care about California.
    As long as they do not devolve into Venezuela in my lifetime and keep paying out my police retirement...other than that...meh.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by paladin4christ View Post
    For others, like it or not, CA has a national and even worldwide impact due to Hollywood movies/TV and Silicon Valley. Unlike EBRs, CCWs are something that comes out in public and impacts street crime and criminals, the law-abiding and LE. Winning Shall Issue for CA, either via grass roots efforts like these, via federal court cases or federal legislation, like HR 38 will have a positive impact on CA's culture and from there, the rest of the US and maybe even the world. SF, LA, Silicon Valley and San Diego are international destinations.
    If you look at the major contributors to the movie/tv you will see Georgia is ranked #1, New York #2, LA #3. I was born and raised here, Iím actually using California for work(construction) right now, then in another Month I will be using Idaho. So, I think that it is an extremely overpriced state that is just sucking everyone here dry. Fuck California, I could care less what happened here and you will never change my mind. Yeah, I like the beaches north of LA, yeah I like the mountains, I even like city walk. But, there is so many other places that offer pretty much the same thing with better people and less traffic. Only thing I really miss is good Mexican food and In n out.....

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    Only thing I really miss is good Mexican food and In n out.....
    Mexican food in Texas is >= Cali and there’s Whataburger. So that pretty much takes away everything it had left.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

For others, like it or not, CA has a national and even worldwide impact due to Hollywood movies/TV and Silicon Valley. Unlike EBRs, CCWs are something that comes out in public and impacts street crime and criminals, the law-abiding and LE. Winning Shall Issue for CA, either via grass roots efforts like these, via federal court cases or federal legislation, like HR 38 will have a positive impact on CA's culture and from there, the rest of the US and maybe even the world. SF, LA, Silicon Valley and San Diego are international destinations.
    Eventually you reach an age where you simply don't care about "causes" or "saving people". Many people are intentionally stupid and refuse to be educated for example. I see CA, the entire state as that way. I would rather spend a year learning an ancient sword kata than in trying to "make California (and thus the world) better". I simply don't care any longer. As long as they remain solvent for the next...say thirty to forty years so my retirement keeps coming, that is the only concern I have for CA.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Most gunnies would tell you you're SOL, but it turns out that is WRONG! I was doing some searching over the weekend and found that there 5 "circumstances" where an applicant is "deemed" to have sufficient Good Cause (GC) and a license "will be issued." While this is far from accepting "self defense" as a sufficient GC statement (our goal), this is a LOT more liberal than LA County's sheriff's Good Cause requirement.

(bolding and underlining added)

Since the city of LA has a population of 4M (greater than 23 states!), this is a big deal. If only 3M are adults who qualify to buy a handgun, if only 1% of those qualify under LAPD's GC standard, we're talking about 30,000 people walking around in LA (and the rest of the state) with CA CCWs! For comparison, LA county is pop. 10M and the sheriff has issued only ~500 CCWs and all but 50 of those are for judges or reserve officers. He'll have a stroke if the word of this gets out and thousands upon thousands of folks get issued CCWs by LAPD -- the heart of LA county.

Rather than clog this national forum with city/county info, just go over to this CalGuns.Net thread for more info/details. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1423638

Be sure to share this with friends, family members, church friends, shooting buddies, etc who may live or have loved ones who live in the City of Los Angeles. Since breaking the antis' hold on CA is in ALL of our interests, post this on other suitable forums/social media too.

The fight for California continues!

Yawn. Those are the same criteria used in every "may issue" jurisdiction, and the reality is that almost no one --- except for the politically-connected and wealthy --- gets a permit.

E921C2D0-2721-41A0-9885-BE4D098AA5B6.jpgThat’s me at the Beverly Hollywood getting warmed up for the show. Country concert last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Mexican food in Texas is >= Cali and there’s Whataburger. So that pretty much takes away everything it had left.

Arizona has pretty decent Mexican food, Whataburger AND In-N-Out, and Constitutional carry. Plus low humidity. Fuck California.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosantoir View Post
    Arizona has pretty decent Mexican food, Whataburger AND In-N-Out, and Constitutional carry. Plus low humidity. Fuck California.
    Debatably the closest thing to the promised land available in the US.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

this isn't just for LA county, these parameters cover most of CA, nothing new though

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI