Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Live in the *City* of Los Angeles and *need* a CA CCW?

Most gunnies would tell you you're SOL, but it turns out that is WRONG! I was doing some searching over the weekend and found that there 5 "circumstances" where an applicant is "deemed" to have sufficient Good Cause (GC) and a license "will be issued." While this is far from accepting "self defense" as a sufficient GC statement (our goal), this is a LOT more liberal than LA County's sheriff's Good Cause requirement.

Good cause shall be deemed to exist, and a license will issue in the absence
    of strong countervailing factors, upon a showing of any of the following circumstances: a) The
    applicant is able to establish that there is an immediate or continuing threat, express or implied,
    to the applicant's safety, or the applicant's family's safety, and that no other reasonable means
    exist which would suffice to neutralize that threat; b) The applicant is employed in the field of
    security, has all requisite licenses, is employed by a security firm having all requisite licenses,
    and provides satisfactory proof that his or her work is of such a nature that it requires the
    carrying of a concealed weapon; c) The applicant has obtained, or is a person included within
    the protections of a court order which establishes that the applicant is the on-going victim of a
    threat or physical violence or otherwise meets the criteria set forth in Penal Code Section
    26175; d) The applicant establishes that circumstances exist requiring him or her to transport
    in public significant amounts of valuable property which it is impractical or impracticable to
    entrust to the protection of armored car services or equivalent services for safe transportation of
    valuables; e) The applicant establishes that he or she is subject to a particular and unusual
    danger of physical attack and that no reasonable means are available to abate that threat.
    (bolding and underlining added)

Since the city of LA has a population of 4M (greater than 23 states!), this is a big deal. If only 3M are adults who qualify to buy a handgun, if only 1% of those qualify under LAPD's GC standard, we're talking about 30,000 people walking around in LA (and the rest of the state) with CA CCWs! For comparison, LA county is pop. 10M and the sheriff has issued only ~500 CCWs and all but 50 of those are for judges or reserve officers. He'll have a stroke if the word of this gets out and thousands upon thousands of folks get issued CCWs by LAPD -- the heart of LA county.

Rather than clog this national forum with city/county info, just go over to this CalGuns.Net thread for more info/details. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1423638

Be sure to share this with friends, family members, church friends, shooting buddies, etc who may live or have loved ones who live in the City of Los Angeles. Since breaking the antis' hold on CA is in ALL of our interests, post this on other suitable forums/social media too.

The fight for California continues!
    "Diversity" causes civil wars.

NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA-ILA

I ran into a handful of legit CA CCW people in CA in 15 years. Like most things in life...all it takes is money.

My recc...forget "The Fight For California". There isnt anything there that is all that cool. You want a beach...go to Hawaii.

Best thing I ever did was sell out in CA and buy great in AZ.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

You can get one there, it’s Orange County that is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by paladin4christ View Post

Since the city of LA has a population of 4M (greater than 23 states!), this is a big deal. If only 3M are adults who qualify to buy a handgun, if only 1% of those qualify under LAPD's GC standard, we're talking about 30,000 people walking around in LA (and the rest of the state) with CA CCWs! ...

The fight for California continues!
    I believe you might be a bit optimistic with those numbers...I would imagine the *vast* majority of those 30,000 would rather see the State take away *your guns* rather than be issued a CCW for themselves.

Cult of Liberalism HQ...
    ~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"It is good to be strong, but better to know how to use it."
    - Jimmy H. Woo (Chin Siu Dek)

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men." - Vito Corleone

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    You can get one there, it’s Orange County that is impossible.
    That is soooo out-of-date! OC is about to or has just passed having 10,000 CCWs outstanding and they're prepping for getting to 20,000 by switching the application process to online (not just downloading an app, but doing everything except interviews online). Several other counties (Sacto, Fresno, Shasta, Kern, Sanberdo IIRC), are all pass the 8,000 CCWs mark. And as I posted in a separate thread weeks ago, Sheriff Gore is now issuing CCWs in San Diego county! Just a few days ago I got a message from an activist leader down there saying they keep getting feedback from their members who are getting issued!

Quote Originally Posted by paladin4christ View Post
    That is soooo out-of-date! OC is about to or has just passed having 10,000 CCWs outstanding and they're prepping for getting to 20,000 by switching the application process to online (not just downloading an app, but doing everything except interviews online). Several other counties (Sacto, Fresno, Shasta, Kern, Sanberdo IIRC), are all pass the 8,000 CCWs mark. And as I posted in a separate thread weeks ago, Sheriff Gore is now issuing CCWs in San Diego county! Just a few days ago I got a message from an activist leader down there saying they keep getting feedback from their members who are getting issued!
    I don’t really give a shit, I’m in Georgia now....

Quote Originally Posted by CaneCorso View Post
    I believe you might be a bit optimistic with those numbers...I would imagine the *vast* majority of those 30,000 would rather see the State take away *your guns* rather than be issued a CCW for themselves.

Cult of Liberalism HQ...
    Those estimated 30,000 (i.e., 1%), are folks who fall into one of those 5 "circumstances", and 3 of those are being a victim (see (a), (c) and (e)).

How's that old political joke go: "a conservative is a liberal after they've been mugged." I saw that up close when a friend from church, a Berkeley liberal, newly married got mugged and robbed at gunpoint. Suddenly he's friendly with me and wants to learn about guns....

I think 1%/30,000 is about right.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    I don’t really give a shit, I’m in Georgia now....
    For others, like it or not, CA has a national and even worldwide impact due to Hollywood movies/TV and Silicon Valley. Unlike EBRs, CCWs are something that comes out in public and impacts street crime and criminals, the law-abiding and LE. Winning Shall Issue for CA, either via grass roots efforts like these, via federal court cases or federal legislation, like HR 38 will have a positive impact on CA's culture and from there, the rest of the US and maybe even the world. SF, LA, Silicon Valley and San Diego are international destinations.

I just find it so hard to care about California.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I ran into a handful of legit CA CCW people in CA in 15 years. Like most things in life...all it takes is money.

My recc...forget "The Fight For California". There isnt anything there that is all that cool. You want a beach...go to Hawaii.

Best thing I ever did was sell out in CA and buy great in AZ.

Agreed. I can drive to San Diego from AZ and back in a day if I really want to.