Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    This came through on one of the youtube channels I subscribe to. Thought it might add a little something

https://youtu.be/M_wLPcH1_WA
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by odin0311 View Post
    Greetings fellas, I've been in the business for 12 years (california and midwest). There are 3 main/perks/privileges/whatever we have over the general public: carry guns where they can't, grace received when pulled over, and guilty till proven innocent (I know, it's not a perk). Prior to departing the People's Republic forever after a decade on the streets I was angry and would have agreed with all the comments about people hating us. It was true admin was vicious and persecuted officers, the citizens were foul toward them as well. The pay was great but life sucked for me and the family. Moving to the heartland I've never been treated so well in my life. The public here is pro cop. Quality of life for the family is outstanding. You're right, this isn't a career field for everyone. If your AO sucks, MOVE! If your department isn't treating you right, MOVE! You have the ability to stay in your calling and be treated right away from unnecessary stressors of the job. You don't have be in that caustic environment.
    I have to agree, by and large people are pro cop, my sin is a newbie to the field, being in the 6th week of his break in.

Glad your happy here, hopefully it will stay that way, and welcome to the board.

Written three years ago, but even more applicable today.

Indeed
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Got word a few ago that one of my old road dogs in SWAT passed in his sleep from a heart attack. He was 5 years my junior.

Do you why we did this...and would still do it? Discussions about noble sacrifice aside?

We did what we did because the feeling of racing into battle, of kicking a door to get in a gun battle, of chasing and closing with the bad guys.. that feeling is unparalleled in the universe...it is what we lived for...and like a fucking drug we chased that animal every night.

Yes...the chasing and catching and sometimes, killing served the common good...and the health and safety of the nation.

And yes we sacrificed everything...I know I did. But it was for the joy of the fight...the Joie de guerre.

Those who have felt it will agree...that and only that is what brought us back every god damned night...night after night.

"God please bring me a drive by shooting, an armed robbery or a home invasion."

There is no hunting like the hunting of man
    And those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else there after.

And...God help us...we didnt just like it...we loved it. It was the only reason we stayed...and still stay.
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 06-11-2021 at 06:44 AM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters