Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Even so.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Upcoming classes:
    Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    I agree with most of what you say, but dont understand how you can carry a Suarez PDW on body easier than this? Disassembled sure. But weve talked that out and its akin to the rifle you go and get. I still see this as a compact bag weapon.
    The disassembled part is the key. I can carry it like a normal pistol and leave the stock, extended mags etc behind if need be. I can't keep the B&T on me if it isn't in a bag or under some kind of outer jacket requiring a specialized sling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    The disassembled part is the key. I can carry it like a normal pistol and leave the stock, extended mags etc behind if need be. I can't keep the B&T on me if it isn't in a bag or under some kind of outer jacket requiring a specialized sling.
    I agree that that’s possible. But it’s been established here that beat practice is to have a dedicated frame that stays attached.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    As Ive been reading this thread Ive noticed some really strange conclusions being posted, stuff like it cant be concealed but a Glock PDW can be and its only worth considering if its a SBR but not as a braced handgun, maybe some of it was lost in translation so Ill just ask if we can at least agree that continuing interest in handgun PDWs is a good thing???
    Yes. Continued interest and development is a good thing. My bet is that we are within a decade of a really good solution coming to the market. Maybe within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    Yes. Continued interest and development is a good thing. My bet is that we are within a decade of a really good solution coming to the market. Maybe within a few years.
    EXACTLY the key is starting from scratch. Designing a new PDW handgun that uses a Buffer Tube for anything other than a AR is just plain silly. Once a company realizes that same stock could be a brace with a little redesign and MARKETING, there will be some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    It's a cool gun. I think that trying to turn it into another workaround by making a "brace" version is kind of counter productive.

This product is available for the SIG 320. It turns it into a SBR, which needs a stamp. It's either worth a stamp or it isn't.
    In addition to a stamp, the firearm needs NFA engraving. Since the firearm is the fire control unit (FCU), the FCU must be engraved. Engraving the FCU appears to be near impossible because there is no place to engrave it. This appears to make the product DOA. Please correct me if I am wrong. I really want to be wrong.

I think that you can put NFA engraving on a couple of places but I'm a little unsure about that.

Where there is a will and money there is a way. If you are serious enough to write a check, I'd start by finding a seller who has this in stock. If it's being sold in the US then someone somewhere has one in their shop and they may have one all set up in the store for show-and-tell. They will either sell you a SBR or sell you a stock and advise you what you need too do to get the stamp for your existing sear pack.

So much f*cking eeeeefffffffort to avoid the Glock.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I don’t see what’s wrong with the one you put together. Plus all the work you have done to accurize the system, I can’t really see what advantage something else would have. Especially if you already bought a complete pistol and used it as an edc already. What else could someone need or want??? That is what sepperates me from most gun people, I’m not always looking for the next best thing other then what has been tried and tested on here. I would rather spend time training and getting more proficient with what I have, vs try to find the next best thing out there that will make me “better”. Not including the time allotted for creating and carrying out this business, stay physically active, make myself a better person, be a husband and father.
    Last edited by chad newton; 05-26-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So much f*cking eeeeefffffffort to avoid the Glock.
    Gabe you've done amazing things with the Glock, and the Glock PDW in particular. No doubt youll continue to press the envelope, maybe one day even finding a better way to brace the Glock and move the PDW further along