Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1911 =/= AK. Nor does a P95. Entirely different animal, no front trunnion or locking lugs, no bolt carrier tail...

Different animal entirely. Ruger`s casting are fine as far as I`m aware, but when used on a weapon that works itself as hard as an AK does, castings fail. Especially when they come from companies more interested in turning a profit (Again, CAI, IO, Pioneer,etc) than producing a quality product.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Never mind. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordforder View Post
    1911 =/= AK. Nor does a P95. Entirely different animal, no front trunnion or locking lugs, no bolt carrier tail...

Different animal entirely. Ruger`s casting are fine as far as I`m aware, but when used on a weapon that works itself as hard as an AK does, castings fail. Especially when they come from companies more interested in turning a profit (Again, CAI, IO, Pioneer,etc) than producing a quality product.
    Their mini-14 receivers are cast as I understand it. The bolts probably are machined from bar stock, but i am not sure. Ruger's casting technology has always been well regarded.
    Slow motion photography for firing of mini-14

One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

With all due respect (I find when re-reading my writing I tend to sound very matter-of-fact) a Mini-14 isn't an AK either, although it's much closer than those I mentioned, hah.

At day's end, an AK is an AK, technologically. The differences, for purposes discussed, are those of metallurgy and cost-cutting.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Do the cent ury VZ 5 8 's and c308 rifles are t hose ticking time bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by hellehack View Post
    Has testing them shown the head spacing with use increasing to exceeding field gauge acceptance? It is true if a company that makes one ticking time bomb, then their other guns are suspect. But until I see the evidence I will not claim it so.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 02-08-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I can`t speak for the Vz.58s, I used to have one and heard of a "gremlin" problem with the bolts. Might be worth googling.

As for the C308s I hear that some have a problem with the bolt rollers deploying while in motion and denting the receiver from the inside. Also worth a google search.
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb

If you haven’t bought a 308 yet, just spend a little bit more and get a ptr. If you have one already let me know. I can get you to the right guy to at least check it out mechanically.

Obviously one should know what they are getting for their money and well this brand is well as pointed out not tier one.

I'm curious on the vz 2008's because t hey were sold in 2015 for 400 dollar packages and I bought a couple of them. I'm wondering if they are a better long term durable t hen these rifles at higher cost.

The c308's are another example I believe t hey stopped producing them but 500 dollars is around or less then the century Aks? how will they do l ong term compared to t hese ticking time bomb aks?

Obviously one should know what they are getting for their money and well this brand is well as pointed out not tier one.

I'm curious on the vz 2008's because t hey were sold in 2015 for 400 dollar packages and I bought a couple of them. I'm wondering if they are a better long term durable t hen these rifles at higher cost.

The c308's are another example I believe t hey stopped producing them but 500 dollars is around or less then the century Aks? how will they do l ong term compared to t hese ticking time bomb aks?
    Probably not much better, paying less usually means the company has to cut corners to get it to that price. If that’s laybor or parts or both. They are designed for people that think they are cool and buy them and don’t really use them. I would just advise people to stay clear of their stuff because there is way better options out there. For anything they make....