Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    For example, my Glock 19 has around 15,000 rounds through it without any problems what so ever. There are people that have shot 50-100,000 rounds through a factory Glock and yet no problems. I canít imagine any century doing that. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by chad newton View Post
    For example, my Glock 19 has around 15,000 rounds through it without any problems what so ever. There are people that have shot 50-100,000 rounds through a factory Glock and yet no problems. I can’t imagine any century doing that. But to each their own.
    I think any modern fighting weapons should be good without major repairs for at least 10,000 rounds for rifle or pistol.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I think any modern fighting weapons should be good without major repairs for at least 10,000 rounds for rifle or pistol.
    You hope so...

So what AK should I invest in? I have hordes of Golden Tiger left and only a couple reliable ol' WASRs.

Rifle Dynamics looks so nice...
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Quote Originally Posted by Nabalfodrows View Post
    So what AK should I invest in? I have hordes of Golden Tiger left and only a couple reliable ol' WASRs.

Besides the AK there are other guns that will shoot 7.62x39. You could buy a decent AR15 upper for that round. The older Chinese MAK 90's are usually good to go. The made in the USA are problems and there is Century's recent polish gun that is terrible. The arsenals are said to usually be ok. I prefer the 7.62x39 round to the 300 blkout and 5.56 for ranges up to 300 yards where a silencer is not to be used. I may go for an AR15 upper in the 7.62x39 myself. I have a lot of those rounds on hand myself.
    Basically older guns that came out of an ex-combloc arsenal have the correct metallurgy and working tolerances. Some of the older WASRs may need some gunsmithing, usually for sight alignment, and so can be properly set up if they are not right. The recent Century gun cannot be fixed without a new receiver or at least a new front trunion and likely other parts also. At best it has value for some of its parts.

Edit. If you have WASRs and still want a super AK why not send in one of your WASRs to a skilled AK smith and really get a superior gun. Rifle dynamics use to do rebuilding and now seems to offer complete rifles and they might be a source for a decent AK. I would ck first since that business has been sold to see if the quality is still there.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 02-09-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

So far, I'm very satisfied with the IWI Galil Ace, although I've put very little rounds through it. It's a smooth shooter, and very well made, although not as well thought out in some aspects as it should have been. Gilboa M43 looks promising if you can find one and it seems to be one of the better AR platform 7.62x39mm.
    Last edited by doro19; 02-11-2018 at 08:09 AM. Reason: addendum

My opinion...sell the Golden Tiger or trade it for 223 and 300 BO. Get a couple of Braced Short barreled AR of good quality and call it good. In today's world...if you MUST have an AK...In would look at Arsenal and stop there.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Right now the options are not that great for quality AKs in the US market. If I was in the market for an AK I would look for an Arsenal SLR107FR (folding stock) or SLR107R (fixed stock). Problem is I don't think the 107FR is currently coming into the country, so you might have to wait a bit for imports to come back in. If it were me I would just shoot up what ammo I had in the WASRs and call it a day.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. Considering how little I shoot my 7.62 AKs, how few of my friends/local folks have them, and how I can get quality brass-cased 5.56 for a little more than how much I can sell Golden Tiger for, I think I'll keep one around (folding brace PAP M85NP) and sell the rest.
    Maybe send the PAP to a custom Smith or something.

Looks like more 5.56 and mags for this guy ��
    James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."