Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Nothing out of the box will be perfect....EVERYTHING will need to be personalized for the pro.
    Agree. I already have a few mods in plan for this one to make it slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    The explanation is simply that a standard rail would make the platform too wide, negating it’s primary advantage. Their offering is small and seems to be functional, so I don’t see it as a negative. Mostly gun world sniping.

Does that that hold water for those of you who have handled the piece?
    No it’s not a negative, if you want to buy their light. If you want a Surefire or stream light or something else, you’re sol. Unless this weapon becomes the next greatest thing, I don’t see manufacturers tooling up to make 365 compatible lights.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF220 View Post
    No it’s not a negative, if you want to buy their light. If you want a Surefire or stream light or something else, you’re sol. Unless this weapon becomes the next greatest thing, I don’t see manufacturers tooling up to make 365 compatible lights.
    The biggest mistake SIG has made and it will retard their advance against Glock...well a couple of mistakes...are

1). Expensive magazines
    2). Insistence on using their own optics (which have historically been poor)
    3). And now...using their own lights...which I suspect are not giving anyone at Surefire sleeplessness.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Concur on the optics. I'm betting there will be a market for P320 slides milled for a Trijicon RMR.

As to a rail, a full Picatinny rail setup is too wide for a G43-sized piece. Were I in the industry, I'd be thinking about a mini-rail specification. Again, it's about doing what you do well...which may not be making optics or lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post

Biggest threat of the 365 is its price. $499 street is probably the only factor that has created anything beyond Glock’s mild amusement.
    Yesterday you could have preordered it from Brownells for $460 ... no, not S&W Shield pricing ... but as someone who has Glocks and P320's (and I'm very happy with both) it was pretty tempting. I managed to keep my credit card in my wallet as I don't really have a need for another gun that size at the moment. Later this year maybe, but not yet.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

I'm fairly satisfied at this point that this is the top candidate to become my next EDC gun. I like the extra capacity over the G43, the better sights, and the much better trigger. I'm looking forward to getting it in my hands and running a case of ammo through it to see if it can be trusted for serious use.

Been a while since I've looked forward to anything coming from Sig.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I'm fairly satisfied at this point that this is the top candidate to become my next EDC gun. I like the extra capacity over the G43, the better sights, and the much better trigger. I'm looking forward to getting it in my hands and running a case of ammo through it to see if it can be trusted for serious use.

Been a while since I've looked forward to anything coming from Sig.
    I was able to put another 100rds through it today. I had one malfunction but I was shooting with my off hand and Im pretty sure it was because of me and not the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I was able to put another 100rds through it today. I had one malfunction but I was shooting with my off hand and Im pretty sure it was because of me and not the gun.
    What sort of ammo today? What's the total round count so far?

So far, I like what I'm hearing about it. With an extended mag (12+1) and one for a reload (12), you've got 25 on board.
    Last edited by paladin4christ; 02-01-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    "Diversity" causes civil wars.

NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA-ILA

Hmmm... Don't put those 43s and Shields in the safe quite yet:

In the 1980s I helped a local PD transition to SIG 226s. I fired 300 or so through a brand new 226 and had 3 malfunctions that I recall--all were failures to lock back on the last round.
    Likely this was caused by my unconsciously resting my thumb on the slide lock--I was a 1911 guy--but an out of the box SIG not locking back is nothing new.

I'm more concerned about the failures to go into battery. As a start, don't ever use the slide lock to chamber a round. I'm a parts changer, not a gunsmith, but the usual suspects would be the extractor, chamber throat, breech face, recoil spring, magazine.

How in this age of instant information can you let a malfunctioning pistol slip out of the plant?
    Last edited by Papa; 02-02-2018 at 05:02 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"What cannot be remedied must be endured."

187. And a wakeup.