Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Pic 1. Tribal warrior with donga scars and malaria eyes, he would kill in a heartbeat. Pic 2. Obese plinker.
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Dewey Crowe's brother is quite a bit over weight.

Dude one is having sex with Dude twos 16 year old daughter. Dude one is a model. His pants are too nice, his headband is too clean and his tusks are too big. When he runs they would smack his face. He was an extra in Legend of Tarzan.

Dude two will be dead of diabetic complications or heart disease in less than a decade. Dude two has a bump stock and thinks it is cool. He also rides a scooter at Walmart. He washes himself with a rag on a stick. He carries a keltec in his man purse because his sweat pants don't have pockets.

>>...Did no one notice that this pic is posed. Its a studio photo, note the backdrop...<<

Many photogs bring along backdrops - I used to. That, and a few reflectors to change or balance the lighting - and you are good to go for "portrait like" pics shot out in the middle of nowhere. Not knowing any better, this could be one of those situations. My vote is - real deal.

Also - "...beware the man who carries one gun." True - that AK could literally be a 'noise maker', or it could be something where he has learned to use it such that he conserves ammo by learning to hit what he aims at.

geezer john
    Last edited by jmoore; 01-24-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Pic 2 could easily be a former badass that said F it and got fat with an extra large successful life body just as he could be a tub of lard on food stamps whom is tagging along with friends on a range day. Again it doesn't matter much to me as I see where I could have ended up when I got a successful life body but changed course. If anything its a reminder of what not to become.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

First pic shows a warrior in his 'dress blues', complete with 'sword'.
    "When one goes willingly into the darkness, all he will find there, is what he brought in with him".

--Gabe Suarez, after the 7-11 shootout

Proper development of the 'Warrior Spirit', training and physical conditioning before 'The Event' cannot be overstated.

U.S. Army Rangers (1/75 'Old Scroll')
    CRG; 0-5 Feet CRG; PSP Pistol; FOF Instructor School; Combat Pistol Instructor School

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    It's obviously a posed pic. But so what. *I* pose for pics to promote classes and gear...
    Of course you do, staging a picture for a promotion is what "promoting" is all about--theres nothing wrong with it. OTOH I bet you don't add hair extensions so you can grease you hair to tie it in top knot and call yourself a Samurai.

The first pic is not only posed, its a fabrication of what never was staged to look like something that isn't.

As for pic #1 VS #2 well aside for the questionable reality of one, it does present a sad depiction of much of the American gun community. It also depicts a sadder presentation of cant remember the last time being punched in the face VS street experience. I think of it in terms of the height of the Roman Empire and its final decay--Perhaps THAT is what we should really take from those two pics

Never mind...not going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    The first pic is not only posed, its a fabrication of what never was staged to look like something that isn't.

As for pic #1 VS #2 well aside for the questionable reality of one, it does present a sad depiction of much of the American gun community. It also depicts a sadder presentation of cant remember the last time being punched in the face VS street experience. I think of it in terms of the height of the Roman Empire and its final decay--Perhaps THAT is what we should really take from those two pics
    Last edited by Gabriel Suarez; 01-24-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Surprising how familiar people seem to be with the Ethiopian Mursi tribe and how fake they are.

Photos are staged. That's what photographers do. Whether the story the photo tells is true or not is another question. But with very simple Google-fu the following pics came up. I know nothing about the Mursi, hadn't even heard of them before this morning. I assume the head dress is formal attire like an American Indian headdress, but hell I don't know. I CAN tell however that it seems to be a real thing.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor