Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlamb+++ View Post
    The school teacher in me is forced to spout off that in Africa, the AK is the defacto mark of male prowess. It is also referred to as the African Credit Card, for having one is necessary for survival. Mozambique has it on its flag. Children are referred to as Kalashes. We also have a personal bias in lumping all Africans together, but tribalism is rampant and real. To an Ethiopian, inter-tribal violence is an everyday event that you live and die for in defending your tribe and family. I used to have an assistant from Mali, a West African country. She was fascinated that I owned Ak variants ( alas a Romy was included in the mix) and mentioned that in her territory, you had to attempt to kill or do something daring to an enemy in order to possess one. That was so 2009.
    G3s and FALs are also well thought of down that way. There are just more AKs around there since they were supplied by Soviet and Chinese sources quite liberally.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

SO much for the old saying "They can kill ya, but they can't eat ya"
    All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it.

Samuel Butler

FACIEM TUAM, DOMINC, REQUIRAM

It reinforces the old adage that its the Indian, not the arrow.

Me, personally - it says, "Selector to 'Auto'." The dude has only ugly in mind and it may be aimed at me.

Dude#1 was dragged crying behind his mom till his little legs learned to keep up, from age 3.

He learned stick fighting when older boys beat the crap out of his 7 year old ass.

However, he is likely worthless at prior preparation, strategy and weapons handling.

Dude #2 may be able to slay dude #1 by such cultural means as those cultural capabilities.

Dude #1 could be a spoiled piece of shit too, at least as far as emotional maturity goes. He may have a high pitched voice when he gets upset and be given to temper tantrums.

Dude #2 may yet surprise us in some way. He may have watched enough history channel and know enough Bible to know which side is up.

Also, dude #2 likely has the killer pedigree. He is descended from top-dog nations. Whereas dude #1 is descended from goat herders.

Yeah, there's a big difference in toughness, until someone gets pushed hard for too long and gets angry and motivated. Then I wouldn't want to be #1.

Man for man it ain't going to work out for #1, at least not in the long term. The tipping point, in favor of a "civilization" of #1 versus #2 comes about at around 8:1. Individual to individual, in the immediate sense, #2 is of course dog meat.

Where I would choose dude #1 over dude #2 is if I needed immediate rescue. Assuming he doesn't just take my shit. Well, then I can cuff myself to him, and stand a chance. :)

African tribals can be great shots, if mentored. Johnny Fulani Nkube killed 300 lions single handed, during his game warden career. 32 Battalion troopers were top notch too. However, left to themselves they are abysmal.

See British SAS vs The West Side Boys for how preparation defeats Africans, to the point of even successful jungle hostage rescue in the militias own back yard.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Barras

What the picture tells me is that "my people die for lack of knowledge," not to mention a lack of insight and wisdom. You can fix glutton sluggard, but who has knowledge, before you can fix ignorant, but tough, peasant.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 10-11-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman45 View Post
    It reinforces the old adage that its the Indian, not the arrow.
    The old adage is totally wrong.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

THE INDIAN OR THE ARROW?

Monday, June 25, 2018

We have all heard the analogy of the indian and the arrow. It is true, a skilled indian - or in this case "archer" - can do amazing things with less than optimal equipment...and we all hope to be that man. But the skilled archer with the best arrow and bow will be able to express his skills to a much higher level than if he was equipped with less optimal gear. I have a S&W 686 in my safe. It is the epitome of the police service pistol circa 1985. It went with me into harm's way for many years, and if it is what I had in my belt when I faced a trio of terrorists, I would be very thankful for it and go into battle smiling knowing that I would accomplish my mission well and artfully. But if I had a choice, and of course we all do, I would opt for what I am carrying now - a Suarez modified Glock 17 - as it would afford me the ability to express my skills with greater ease, greater safety, and for a longer time than my old 686. One big failing in American culture today seems to be an all or nothing mentality on things. Life is not that way. So if a guy enrolls in ten classes and brings a Kel-Tec or Ruger LCR with him, I would tell him to only enroll in two classes, sell that Zimm-wannabe gun, and get something that will allow him to fight better. The reverse is often the case...and we see him as well...the dude with a $3000 pistol that could not fight his way out of the morgue.

And it doesn't need to be that way at all guys. A couple of analogies.

When my daughter was on a rowing crew, the school needed a new boat and was waffling on going the cheap route and buying a less than optimal boat thinking the "great indians" crewing it would make up the difference. But that difference was greater resistance in the water, more weight, and thus less speed. We made up the difference to get the better boat and it made all the difference for them.

Great rowers in a low quality boat, no matter how good they were, would NEVER be as good as great rowers in a great boat.

Another analogy...this from pop culture. There was a commercial on Fox Business News (some sort of investment that I do not recall). It went like this. "If an Olympic cyclist on a racing bike raced a ten year old kid on a tricycle who would win? The Olympic cyclist of course. But put the Olympian on the tricycle and the race will be won by the kid on the racing bike".

The indian may be more important than the arrow, but only very slightly so. The quality of the arrow, boat, or pistol either allows the man wielding it to express his skills to his highest level, or it fights him every step of the way, preventing him from being his best. So yes, be a good archer, rower, shooter...but don't cheap out on your gear, mistakenly thinking skill alone will help you hit the cowboy.

So while one man might say the archer is more important than the arrow. We say that at the end of the day, the archer and the arrow are of equal importance.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

And with that, I'm still going with "selector to full-auto". As I said earlier, the dude in the OP has only ugly in mind. That means it's time to be better prepared and better armed.

I'm old enough to remember the Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya in the 1950s. I also have the life experience to know that the potential exists for Antifa, or some other group (Leftist or otherwise) becoming the "Mau-Maus" of the early 21st Century.

A quick comment about the replies: read through them and you can see a lot of PC rhetoric there. Guys are pussy-footing around the possibility of saying something potentially racist. Fair enough since what we say (or write) can come back and bite us on the backside. BUT - doing that, having that mind-set also negates responding mentally at least to (second guessing) a perceived, potential threat. THAT gentlemen and ladies, ties in directly with the other thread about Antifa redirecting traffic for their own purposes. How many of the comments on that thread were about appropriate responses and compliance for fear of "over-reacting"?

My point is if you perceive a threat respond to it. Justification? Multiple choice: past experience, training, fear, primordial survival instinct, or all of the above. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    THE INDIAN OR THE ARROW?

Monday, June 25, 2018

We have all heard the analogy of the indian and the arrow. It is true, a skilled indian - or in this case "archer" - can do amazing things with less than optimal equipment...and we all hope to be that man. But the skilled archer with the best arrow and bow will be able to express his skills to a much higher level than if he was equipped with less optimal gear. I have a S&W 686 in my safe. It is the epitome of the police service pistol circa 1985. It went with me into harm's way for many years, and if it is what I had in my belt when I faced a trio of terrorists, I would be very thankful for it and go into battle smiling knowing that I would accomplish my mission well and artfully. But if I had a choice, and of course we all do, I would opt for what I am carrying now - a Suarez modified Glock 17 - as it would afford me the ability to express my skills with greater ease, greater safety, and for a longer time than my old 686. One big failing in American culture today seems to be an all or nothing mentality on things. Life is not that way. So if a guy enrolls in ten classes and brings a Kel-Tec or Ruger LCR with him, I would tell him to only enroll in two classes, sell that Zimm-wannabe gun, and get something that will allow him to fight better. The reverse is often the case...and we see him as well...the dude with a $3000 pistol that could not fight his way out of the morgue.

And it doesn't need to be that way at all guys. A couple of analogies.

When my daughter was on a rowing crew, the school needed a new boat and was waffling on going the cheap route and buying a less than optimal boat thinking the "great indians" crewing it would make up the difference. But that difference was greater resistance in the water, more weight, and thus less speed. We made up the difference to get the better boat and it made all the difference for them.

Great rowers in a low quality boat, no matter how good they were, would NEVER be as good as great rowers in a great boat.

Another analogy...this from pop culture. There was a commercial on Fox Business News (some sort of investment that I do not recall). It went like this. "If an Olympic cyclist on a racing bike raced a ten year old kid on a tricycle who would win? The Olympic cyclist of course. But put the Olympian on the tricycle and the race will be won by the kid on the racing bike".

The indian may be more important than the arrow, but only very slightly so. The quality of the arrow, boat, or pistol either allows the man wielding it to express his skills to his highest level, or it fights him every step of the way, preventing him from being his best. So yes, be a good archer, rower, shooter...but don't cheap out on your gear, mistakenly thinking skill alone will help you hit the cowboy.

So while one man might say the archer is more important than the arrow. We say that at the end of the day, the archer and the arrow are of equal importance.

Good point and well-stated. My point is a savage with an AK can kill you just as dead as the Special Forces operator who is dressed and armed like a modern warrior. Like most other things today, technology and equipment selection will have direct correlation to the user's potential lethality, so long as the user's abilities and mindset are what they should be. However, there have been those who found themselves in dire straights from discounting their enemy based on appearances and equipment.