Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    I have often wondered if this wasn't some sort of African Glamor shots. If like that isn't like an auto mechanic dressed up. My brain goes weird places...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by P.D. View Post
    And with that, I'm still going with "selector to full-auto". As I said earlier, the dude in the OP has only ugly in mind. That means it's time to be better prepared and better armed.

I'm old enough to remember the Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya in the 1950s. I also have the life experience to know that the potential exists for Antifa, or some other group (Leftist or otherwise) becoming the "Mau-Maus" of the early 21st Century.
    Man after my own heart. I left Africa before the change of government. If someone of tribal heritage was ghosting in my six while I was at the lonely ATM (just me and him). I would not settle down to my transaction until we were clear about things. That involved pointing the Glock 20 at him and saying "fuck off!" "Fuck off further!" Too bad for his feelings.

Now if Dude #2 snuck up on me with a donut in his hand, I wouldn't turn a hair. I'd be fucked and completely surprised if he went after me. I'm a terrible profiler, I know. In SA I'd turn my back on white dudes all day long. Not even peripheral vision them. That may all have changed there, by now.
    Last edited by endsoftheearth; 10-12-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endsoftheearth View Post
    Man after my own heart. I left Africa before the change of government. If someone of tribal heritage was ghosting in my six while I was at the lonely ATM (just me and him). I would not settle down to my transaction until we were clear about things. That involved pointing the Glock 20 at him and saying "fuck off!" "Fuck off further!" Too bad for his feelings.

Now if Dude #2 snuck up on me with a donut in his hand, I wouldn't turn a hair. I'd be fucked and completely surprised if he went after me. I'm a terrible profiler, I know. In SA I'd turn my back on white dudes all day long. Not even peripheral vision them. That may all have changed there, by now.
    Just so I’m understanding, you’re going to point a pistol at someone because they are of tribal heritage and behind you, without anything further?
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 10-12-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNobody View Post
    Just so I’m understanding, you’re going to point a pistol at someone because they are of tribal heritage and behind you, without anything further?
    History, location, experience and context generate response; which means the priority of political courtesies come a distant second to survival.

Given the history and current events in South Africa its not really unreasonable.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

In Africa...probably. What happens there is not the same as what would be appropriate in the USA. Africa truly sucks.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Uh, good thread. But back to original question. Photo is posted because there is a AK in the photo and it's cool?

Methinks this inquiry might have been posted elsewhere.

Dude 1 is dressed and photo'ed to appear to mean business. I take him at his "word" and prepare to meet him, or fight with him, depending on circumstances. Dude 2 might be useful as an ammo dump/supply source, otherwise I'm moving on. Maybe he knows some "stuff" or maybe not. It's not fair, but I'll probably not give him time to impress me.

In truth...the image was posted as an exemplar of the modern AK market...nothing more.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters