Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 10mm Happy Stick?

Is anybody making a 10mm happy stick?

Doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Kriss makes a Joy stick conversion kit for the 45 magazine but the 45 and 10 mm mags are the same external size. Since the conversion unit uses the Glock magazine as the top unit, you hare using a 10 mm follower with a mag body for 10 mm for the feed lips so it should feed. I am converting one as we type. I will let you know.

Arrendando +5 extensions on the 15 round G20 mags are best I found.

Well I see I'm rubbing off on some of you. The lack of a 20+ round mag in 10mm is what has kept me from a 10mm AR based SMG. Ive heard pros and cons of the Kriss extension on 10mm mags-enough negative that has kept me from investigating the project. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let somebody find a solution....

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let somebody find a solution....
    Head shots with 9mm PDW and 33 rd sticks
    More careful shots with hot 357 SIG PDW and 22 round sticks
    A Stakeout with Slugs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Maybe 357SIG comes close to what I want from an Intermediate OR Magnum round, maybe...and as you point out there are 22round mags, which is certainly a plus--I use them in the G35 slide SI milled for my RMR with a 357SIG barrel. Making 200yard shots is boringly possible even for novice shooters. Still 10mm intrigues me, and apparently I'm not alone. A 10mm Glock PDW with the SI treatment, wouldn't be extreme in some situations. For now the +5 floorplates seem the best option; but that only increases the capacity to 20rnds--25 would be better for something like a PDW.

My applications are more “outdoorsy” than 9mm or 357 Sig would be ideal for.
    The Stakeout would be a good bear-defense gun but the 10mm PDW would also fill some hunting/varminting niches the Stakeout would stink at.

I wonder what the hang up is on 45 and 10mm happy stocks for mag manufacturers. Is it just supply and demand or is there something mechanically challenging about it?
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

ETS emailed me in 2016 that they'd have extended .45 mags--early in 2017. Gotta be economics, with the industry in a downturn. No technical reasons I can think of, unless the grease gun v. Thompson mag issue arises.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 12. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by DogDoc View Post
    Is it just supply and demand or is there something mechanically challenging about it?
    EVERYTHING is supply and demand. Gun people do not understand business...they think in terms of "I want (and have a price limit in mind)", or "this would be cool". Then when somebody actually builds a product based on those, without any market research, the first group won't buy it because it is "too expensive" and the second group won't buy it because they never would have in the first place. Then the poor manufacturer that spent his own coin on R&D and Proto and production must rely on the demographic of the market that actually buys stuff rather than just talking about what they would like to see. That demographic is extremely small for the 10mm and 45 world....extremely small.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    EVERYTHING is supply and demand. Gun people do not understand business...they think in terms of "I want (and have a price limit in mind)", or "this would be cool". Then when somebody actually builds a product based on those, without any market research, the first group won't buy it because it is "too expensive" and the second group won't buy it because they never would have in the first place. Then the poor manufacturer that spent his own coin on R&D and Proto and production must rely on the demographic of the market that actually buys stuff rather than just talking about what they would like to see. That demographic is extremely small for the 10mm and 45 world....extremely small.
    Back in the day, we were hypercritical of Colt and Smith for not building what we wanted. This was before CNC and any of the computer aided machining techniques and before MIM. The aftermarket pistolsmiths flourished as a result.
    Looking back, Colt and Smith were not far wrong--except for the refusal to even incrementally accommodate the market, or to update their machinery and manufacturing techniques until it was too late. Enter SIG, Beretta and Glock...
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 0, 12. And a wakeup.