Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Huh, that’s interesting because that is the exact same malfunction I have with my 41. And I’m using fmj 230gr. It had no rhyme or reason. It would happen at the beginning of a mag, towards the end, when the gun was clean when it was dirty. Like I said, I spent lots of money and time and had MANY furstrations during matches with it. I’ve got a 21 with 100,000 rounds through it and it’s never once had a hang up. Only things that broke on it were mag release spring, trigger spring, and chipped the extractor claw. But that didn’t stop it from running. I replaced it though because I’m ocd like that. I’d say dump the 41 and stick with the 21. I’m dumping it. Damn gen 4s! Lol

Well it is nice to hear there are others having the same issue. I am ONLY having an issue with Ranger ammunition. Were you having issues with all brands of ammunition? Thanks

Yes, my 41 was relegated to range use only, being at the time my competition gun so I never shot any defensive ammo through it. The only thing it saw was fmj ammo and if a weapon isn’t going to feed fmj, it has problems. American Eagle was what I normally shot for match ammo. But it’s choked on everything at one time or another. Winchester white box, federal American Eagle, Speer lawman, freedom munitions, etc. I’ve got close to 30,000 rounds through it and have gone through numerous guide rods, springs, spring weights, triggers, barrels, polishing, magazines.....still doesn’t work right. It’s on consignment at the local gun store.

I am waiting on a 15 lb spring. While I'm waiting I went out this morning after having the armorer go though the 41 completely again. Same results, possibly worse! Two shooters all positions Ranger ammo. This weapon will not eat Ranger, the +P works a little better, but is still unacceptable. We tried Mag-tech, Blazer brass and American eagle and it does not miss a beat. When I get the spring, and test it, I will post an update. I the spring does not fix it I will be done.

If you really want to figure it out instead of just guessing, follow the suggestions I gave you in post #20. Report back what you find out.

I'm betting you have an out of spec frame that holds the mag too low. Best way to fix that is to contact Glock, they are pretty good about that sort of thing and in my experience will even cover shipping costs.

how intersting i happen to have (2) AT G41 barrels sitting on my desk that no one in 2yrs has been interested in buying

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

The 21 is gen 3 the 41 is gen 4. The frames/slides do not interchange. I would assume it the frame held the mag too low it would hold it too low with all types of ammunition. As I said, I spoke with Glock, they were not interested in helping if the weapon ate everything except one kind of ammunition. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF220 View Post
    Huh, that’s interesting because that is the exact same malfunction I have with my 41. And I’m using fmj 230gr. It had no rhyme or reason. It would happen at the beginning of a mag, towards the end, when the gun was clean when it was dirty. Like I said, I spent lots of money and time and had MANY furstrations during matches with it. I’ve got a 21 with 100,000 rounds through it and it’s never once had a hang up. Only things that broke on it were mag release spring, trigger spring, and chipped the extractor claw. But that didn’t stop it from running. I replaced it though because I’m ocd like that. I’d say dump the 41 and stick with the 21. I’m dumping it. Damn gen 4s! Lol
    Might help you and the OP as well, I'd try some extra power mag springs. I had kinda sort the same issue with my M&P for IDPA. The rounds would "bounce" in the mag when loaded to 10 when you slam in the magazine to make it auto forward. It's by my "go to" fix for mag related problems ever since.
    When gunslingers come to town, sai, things get broken. It's a simple fact of life.

Quote Originally Posted by martinfab View Post
    The 21 is gen 3 the 41 is gen 4. The frames/slides do not interchange. I would assume it the frame held the mag too low it would hold it too low with all types of ammunition. As I said, I spoke with Glock, they were not interested in helping if the weapon ate everything except one kind of ammunition. Thanks for your suggestions though.
    You can still put the 21 slide on the 41 frame and try that. If that combination has the same trouble, you know the problem is something to do with the frame.

The gen 4 slide won't fit the gen3 frame of course as you point out, but the other way around does work, it just has excess clearance at the front of the slide and the gen 3 guide rod is a sloppy fit in the frame.

No change with the spring. G41 sold $650. G34 blue label $575. It drops right in my holster with my light and RMR. Done deal. I will miss .45 but I missed my 1911 too. Thanks for all your help to those who posted. Stay safe