Default Aks74u bolt, help!?

Does anyone know where I can buy a bolt for my Aks74u? Or does anyone have a used bolt for sale?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...rer/akaks/ak74

This might be what you are looking for.
    OODA Observe Overreact Destroy Apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine33 View Post
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-man...rer/akaks/ak74

This might be what you are looking for.
    Looks like numerich was out of ak74 bolts. There are specific AK forums that might be able to help out. It used to be kits were the way to go, but now kits are very expensive.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 1978 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 2011, Oct. 2017
    PSP - April 2012
    TMCO - Sept. 2012
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Looks like numerich was out of ak74 bolts. There are specific AK forums that might be able to help out. It used to be kits were the way to go, but now kits are very expensive.
    Haha, how ironic that someone on warriortalk says "there are AK forums for this"
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    Haha, how ironic that someone on warriortalk says "there are AK forums for this"
    It is not ironic at all. More a statement of fact. The statement was:
    There are specific AK forums that might be able to help out.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post

Yes because the AK preceded the M4 on the race to the bottom...a place we choose not to go. Simple that.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I will tell you this, after having seen a few home-made AK rifles fire out of battery (first indication of a race to the bottom is the DIY community) - take it to someone who will do it right. Unless you are a former Combloc armorer, or have built these for a living...you don't know what you don't know. Headspacing a bolt is not like an M4 with a drop in BCG. Or ignore what I have said because its not what you wanted to hear...it really won't matter to me...but it might to your face and eye sight.

Take your rifle to Rifle Dynamics (Jim Fuller...another guy with gave his start) and pay him to headspace it and make it run right. No it won't be free...but it will be right.

That is all...drink the water or do not...matters not to me.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Unfortunate but true. I still love my AKs, though.

Any standard AK74 bolt will fit in 5.45, but it will require headspacing. That`s not a job most people can just do at home, and it will require a trip to a competent builder. If you really need it, PM me and I can put you in touch with some more excellent builders.
    Last edited by Fjordforder; 01-19-2018 at 08:10 PM.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb