Default A Discussion of The Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    With CQB...it is about going into the house to hunt and kill the bad guy. Period. It is not a tactical obstacle course.
    It is not a speed or target shooting exercise...it is a stalk...in a house...with the bad guy getting shot. It is a chess game of blood and death. And there is nothing on earth you will experience that is anything like it. I miss the f*ck out of this sort of thing.

U
    You are right, nothing ON earth like it, but ABOVE the earth exists something far more exhilarating. You would have loved it. Nowhere to hide, fangs out.
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    You are right, nothing ON earth like it, but ABOVE the earth exists something far more exhilarating. You would have loved it. Nowhere to hide, fangs out.
    I prefer linear or hemispherical danger zones rather than a sphere of possible attack angles.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Nowhere to hide, fangs out.
    Which shows that you understand tactics, no matter what the venue.

You can make that aft hemisphere much, much smaller by the application of lots of velocity. Unfortunately, on the ground, it's tough to out run bullets.
    Yes and no. While I don't have the air speed velocity of the unladen squirrel I do have the ability to put intervening objects into the path of projectiles as well as reduce my single hemisphere of exposure down by using angles, elevation, and cover. Makes me feel better. To say it another way, I would fight a bear or a lion hand to hand because we are all apex predators within our established environment before I would want to swim with sharks or wrestle an alligator. To me, fighting in an unnatural (to us) environment is like hang gliding with pterodactyls, it's just not a good plan.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    before I would want to swim with sharks
    I recommend a shark encounter dive. It makes you appreciate a pure killing machine that's perfectly adapted to it's environment from the perspective of you being "like a fish out of water". That is how I want to make someone feel who attack me or my family.

Quote Originally Posted by gssc View Post
    I recommend a shark encounter dive. It makes you appreciate a pure killing machine that's perfectly adapted to it's environment from the perspective of you being "like a fish out of water". That is how I want to make someone feel who attack me or my family.
    Pass, you can't negotiate from a position of weakness.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

I will stick with Shark Week.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps