Thread: Parris Island

Default Parris Island

Last edited by res308; 02-01-2018 at 04:28 PM.

I can't tell you about PI, but as a fellow Devildog I wish your son the best of luck.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Good Luck to your son, I too did my basic in San Diego, sooo.

You wont be searched so why leave the heater elsewhere? With your LEOSA card you are good off base so I would simply do what the rest of us have to do and remember concealed means concealed. Sorry I just don't believe legal/illegal means right/wrong especially when it comes to protecting me and mine. Unless I know I am going through a metal detector or a thorough pat down I do not disarm. We know military bases are not immune so...
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaowens View Post
    You wont be searched so why leave the heater elsewhere? With your LEOSA card you are good off base so I would simply do what the rest of us have to do and remember concealed means concealed. Sorry I just don't believe legal/illegal means right/wrong especially when it comes to protecting me and mine. Unless I know I am going through a metal detector or a thorough pat down I do not disarm. We know military bases are not immune so...
    That's the whole point of the matter. I know I'm good everywhere else, but I've never been there so I didn't/don't know what their procedures are on base.
    And you just quoted off the exact philosophy I've had for most of my life: just because something is legal in this goofy society doesn't mean it's right, and just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.
    As has been proven so many times in the past, military installations are not immune.
    Psalm 139:21,22
    Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
    I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Life lesson: Whether on the road, or in the woods, the skunk ALWAYS has the right of way.

The truth is hatred to those who hate truth.

Gotcha. They aren't going to pat down/ or run you through a metal detector unless Paris Island is significantly different than other installations.
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

Quote Originally Posted by jaowens View Post
    Gotcha. They aren't going to pat down/ or run you through a metal detector unless Paris Island is significantly different than other installations.
    Depemds on the Force Protection level in place whether they search yourself and possessions/vehicle or not. Iím not sure what the current CONUS threat level is for military installations at this time. In the past, training installations have been pretty lax most of the time.

Congratulations to your son. Becoming a Marine is a significant milestone in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Depemds on the Force Protection level in place whether they search yourself and possessions/vehicle or not. I’m not sure what the current CONUS threat level is for military installations at this time. In the past, training installations have been pretty lax most of the time.
    Even when FPCON was red and they had 240’s on trucks and full battle rattle guards at every gate, they still didn’t normally search all vehicles. And I was never patted down.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

If your worried about it, once you have your son's graduation date contact the PMO, if they say no, then ask if they would be willing to let you use a locker. I carried when both my sons graduated.