Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Many people choose the Shield over the G43 because the grip, though slightly more difficult to conceal, just fills the palm better.
    I picked the shield because it was $200!
    When gunslingers come to town, sai, things get broken. It's a simple fact of life.

I ran a P239 for a couple years. Great pistols. Not sure if youíve put your hands on a P225-A1 yet, but for me it fit and shot much better than either of my P239ís.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed is Life View Post
    FWIW. Hearing reports from SHOT that the trigger on the little guy is excellent. Short take-up, short reset. Has my attention. Shipping now.
    I'm hearing good things from people at SHOT who was able to handle it. Honestly, while I'm a pretty big glock fan and a sig hater, if this thing seems good to go a year from now, I can see it replacing both my G43 and my G26 on days I cant carry my G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Edited to clarify: I'm defending the role of a small, single stack pistol. There's a place for capable pistols such as the G43 that are even more concealable than a G19. Being a double stack, this new Sig 365 wouldn't offer me significant concealment advantages compared to a G19.
    If the 43 is "even more concealable" for you than the 19, then the P365 at 1" width (same as 43), will also be "more concealable." But why not just use the 43? The P365 carries 10+1 vs 6+1 of the 43 -- 56% percent more rounds than the 43. (Or 12+1 with extended mag.)

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

a
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    For me the benefit of these small pistols is that they are thin. My earlier post was defending the idea that a thin, extremely concealable pistol such as the G43 has it's place. I carry mine frequently because it has utility.

This new Sig pistol, being fatter than a G43, offers me nothing. Might as well carry a G19 if it's a double stack.
    It is not fatter than a G43, it is the same width: 1"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    This Sig 365 is not an NPE weapon. It is a compromise weapon between regular Free American Carry and Non Permissive Environment Carry (Social Compromise Carry??). And that being the case...what does it do that a Glock 43 does not do? Nothing as far as I can see. Is it smaller? Sure but in Social Compromise Carry use size is not as big a factor. Does it have a few more rounds? Yes...that is true but notice that grip and frame girth have been omitted from the chart. You want more gas in the tank, that tank must expand. Make the tank fat enough and the weapon now competes in a different genre.

For the guys that hate Glock (a few people hate me as well) this may be a good choice as it will for those who prefer a SIG 320. Glock 43 killer? Please...let's be serious? The 43 is here to stay and sets the bar for its niche. NPE Carry? Nope...not with a striker fired system. So it is really SIG's entry into the Social Compromise Carry which was heretofore occupied by the very nice SIG P239.
    The question is how did SIG fit 10 rounds DS of 9mm into the same 1" width grip as the G43 using a SS of 6 rounds of 9mm?

Bottom line: the P365 is the size of a G43 but has the same capacity as a G26. It's like a G26 shrunk down to a G43. That's what is so special about it.

Of course, so far, we're just talking about specs. How it actually works (accuracy, reliability, etc.) is a separate issue. But for now, it's got potential and does merit watching IMO.
    Last edited by paladin4christ; 01-28-2018 at 07:06 PM.
    "Diversity" causes civil wars.

NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA-ILA

Here's a user review recently posted. Looks promising to me. I very much like the Shield pistols, own both a 9 and 45. Not a big Sig fan but I'll be watching this new pistol closely. I'm not an early adopter and will wait until my preferred holster makers are up and running before even considering it. I'd like to see this Sig do well as the company could use a home run in spite of its puppeteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    Here's a user review recently posted. Looks promising to me. I very much like the Shield pistols, own both a 9 and 45. Not a big Sig fan but I'll be watching this new pistol closely. I'm not an early adopter and will wait until my preferred holster makers are up and running before even considering it. I'd like to see this Sig do well as the company could use a home run in spite of its puppeteer.

Actually, this is not the smallest 9mm pistol from SIG. The SIG P290RS is slightly smaller, although it's 2.8 oz heavier when empty.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...70#post1895370
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Default Hmm! Who woulda Thunk?

From another Forum...

Considerable discussion today on the various Sig forums that Sig has temporarily halted production of the P365 to iron out some problems that have been reported and apparently confirmed by Sig. Interesting that some guns are evidencing misaligned barrels causing damage after only a 100 or so rounds. Sig had no announcement as to when production might be restarted.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

The Cohen Effect delivers yet another Sig bomb...

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    The Cohen Effect delivers yet another Sig bomb...
    Good news!

We're halfway to the Gen2 Sig365, and 2.0 is where Sig-Cohen shines.