Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There is one sitting on my desk as we speak. Runs great and will NOT replace any of my modern guns, but it is a nice history piece. Get a couple of spare mags though, those seem to be the second unobtamium piece of the kit. Would make a good UC piece as no one is likely to peg it as a LEO gun here in the states. The "trigger guard" kydex holsters that fit 1911/BHP do fit tightly. Hammer bite can be a problem, but isnt terrible.

Remember sometimes its WANT not need.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    If it runs, good buy, If it doesn't you may very likely spend more than you paid for it to get it running
    good advice - if it's balky I'll just sell it down the road ...

Well it's here - and it's rough - try and get a picture later - there is very little finish left on it and it's packed full of a baby poop colored tar like 'stuff' that smell like something maybe crude oil and vomit? It's like thin cosmoline from hell. This shit sticks to everything and refused to be washed off until I broke out the lava soap. My FFL guy is less than amused ...

I 'm kicking around the idea of taking the grips off, putting it in a glass one gallon pickle jar filled with acetone and kerosene. Let it marinade in the barn for a few days and see how much comes off.

If you have a heat gun, that will help a lot with getting the stuff out. Or you can put it on an old cookie sheet and put it in an oven at ~200 until it starts to run out. Then use brake cleaner. Just don't get it so hot that it starts to cook the stuff on.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

You might want to strip it, make sure nothing is gooped up with the firing pin.

My grandfather-in-law has one and carried it for years. He’s oblivious to or just doesn’t care about NPE’s, he’s a hoot. And one of those guys that has a crapton of cheap guns.

The Star is...not terrible. I’d compare it to a cheap revolver. Range fun, sure. Don’t expect it to be a modern combat weapon and you’re gtg.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Acetone and kerosene managed to get all the glop out of it.

I shot it full of Ballistol Spray lube and in a totally unscientific manner it feels like it should run , springs feel to be about the right tension, trigger feels pretty good

Ill try and run some wolf 9 mm though it this afternoon, then take it down and give slide and frame to a buddy to get it bead blasted white

PICTURES....