Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Alot of good choices out there ...I'm currently building a rifle for PRS to replace my 308 I've been using. After looking around, I'm going with 6.5x47 Lapua. Friend has one, and with 130 Berger hybrids its a laser well out beyond a thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    Alot of good choices out there ...I'm currently building a rifle for PRS to replace my 308 I've been using. After looking around, I'm going with 6.5x47 Lapua. Friend has one, and with 130 Berger hybrids its a laser well out beyond a thousand.
    After shooting this arena for awhile, I would seriously consider some of the 6mm cartridges. I believe that you are at a disadvantage in the PRS game if you are shooting a 6.5 caliber. With the tighter times and the weird positions that they put you in the 110 smk out of a number of the 6mm calibers (or the 115 DTAC) have great bc and less wind drift than their bigger 6.5mm brothers. Also, in PRS the majority of your shots are from 400 - 700 yards. You may have one or two stages with one or two targets out past 700 yards where the 6.5 mm cartridges outperform the 6mm cartridges. Feel free to PM me to disuss further.
    "Note to self. If ever accosted by thugs, pull the testicles OFF, and don't just jerk them really, really hard lest the guys on Warriortalk rebuke you for being soft on criminals."

Scott a.k.a. temposhot

Also look at barrel life. More powder burnt down a smaller bore shortens barrel life.