Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Yeah, I have to eat some shoe leather on this one. Spent a couple hours with a friend and his new X toy. Handled and ran very nice. Quite honestly, I liked the shit out of it. I'll be very tempted to snag one when its available in something other than desert tan.

I should learn to keep my mouth shut until I've actually used a new handgun, not just read about it

As I usually get pairs of guns Im going to duty with (so I have a ready replacement if the Rangers put it in evidence again), my second 19x arrived and the slide was just shipped to SI for RMR installation. Will post pics when it gets back from the custom shop.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Following the 1911 crowd that insist on shorter bbls all the time. For Heavens Sake, an Officer length slide on a Commander/Gov't grip? That is well beyond stupid.

Received my 19x slide back from SI with RMR machining. Matched it up to the frame. This thing is MONEY for duty use if your agency allows dark earth on your guns (mine does). Will post pics tomorrow . Only thing that would make this package better was if someone made something like the APL-c with a grip switch like the 300x.

Ha. My agency is still "working really hard" on deciding whether RMRs will be permitted. Then they'll drag their heels on which RMRs and tell us OEM only. Meantime my SI Gen 3 with RMR06 works off-duty only. And FDE? Who knows?

Sorry--that was envy speaking--pix please!
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 11, 21. And a wakeup.

Couple of quick pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same here. I like it. To me concealing a G22 or 17 is no issue. Maybe not in flipflops and clam diggers but normal everyday wear no issues. I prefer the full size grip as well.
    Na gčill is tu beň

Shot placement trumps caliber every time...

Don't get good with your gun, become EXCEPTIONAL!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiejarhead View Post
    Same here. I like it. To me concealing a G22 or 17 is no issue. Maybe not in flipflops and clam diggers but normal everyday wear no issues. I prefer the full size grip as well.
    they arent flip flops, they are chanclas or Jerusalem cruiser (if leather ;)

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    they arent flip flops, they are chanclas or Jerusalem cruiser (if leather ;)
    LOL! ;)
    Na gčill is tu beň

Shot placement trumps caliber every time...

Don't get good with your gun, become EXCEPTIONAL!

Hmmmm, the 19X seems an awful lot like a Colt Commander to me, errrrr maybe we should call it a Glock Commander. I know there are guys here who regularly carry G17s concealed. Ive only played with a 19x in a shop; but I like it. I certainly prefer it to a G26 or even a chopped grip 17/19 with a disproportionally longer barrel--but that's just me.

Hell I even like the lanyard ring. I could do without the tan; but "tactical colours" seem to be all the rage now; but Id be more worried the colour would be more of a concealment issue. Maybe its because I tend to wear darker coloured clothing and a flash of a black pistol seems less likely to be noticed then a clashing tan gun.