Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    We all need to remember how desperate a situation it would be to have an intruder at your bedroom door. I would choose a mini-gun or maybe a hand grenade or maybe a Thompson SMG. Since I don't have those choices, I would elect the 12 gauge shotgun next to my nightstand at this moment. I would not care less about anything else but stopping that threat.

Wiggling out ass first trying to find the rung of a fire escape ladder while someone is coming after me in my home would not be forefront in my mind. Somebody is going to be corrected for their choice in coming down my hallway..
    Last edited by sloughfoot; 01-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I usually think in the context of fire ladders or hanging drops from a second story with minimal potential for injury.
    You know what--I have a roof that is easy to get to from ground level (stairs to the front door). Going to have to do something about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    Wiggling out ass first trying to find the rung of a fire escape ladder while someone is coming after me in my home would not be forefront in my mind. Somebody is going to be corrected for their choice in coming down my hallway..
    The fire ladder isn't for fighting. It's for fire. The shotgun won't prevent you from roasting in a blaze.
    Virtute et Armis

I am totally chagrined, and I built and sold fire escape ladders in the past. I did not realize that this thread had morphed into a discussion about the dangers of fire in the home until I went back an really read every post. Including the original question. You just gotta love the internet.....Carry on.