Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Texas Weapon systems not holding zero ?

I have one Saiga left and I've shot groups that were better with irons then I did with the TWS rail. I seem to have it installed right but I' m just not having good luck with it and a Nikon pro staff.

Any recommendations for a side mount to try?

Have you let anyone else try a grouping exercise with it. It could be inconsistent check weld.

v/r

JD

I have not shot several nice groups that day with a glock with irons and the saiga with irons. Put the scope that was on a rifle I was shooting .5 to 1 moa and didn't get great groups , still shot nice groups with a glock.

I was never able to get my tws rail to hold zero on an slr 106 or SGL21 I haven't tried it with my vepr yet I do have it on there and it feels more solid than the other two I switched to a side rail for the other rifles for magnified optics but I tend to just use red dots on my AKS.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

which side rail?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellehack View Post
    which side rail?

Thanks
    Midwest Industries

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

I had good luck with the Midwest industries also.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

Quote Originally Posted by hellehack View Post
    I have not shot several nice groups that day with a glock with irons and the saiga with irons. Put the scope that was on a rifle I was shooting .5 to 1 moa and didn't get great groups , still shot nice groups with a glock.
    Relax bro it'll be alright ...using an rds vs a magnified optic is a bit different as is shooting with irons and shooting a handgun.

Consistency yields accuracy...someone smarter than I said that so it must be true.... the primary thing I have found as an instructor that yields less than stellar results on target with a rile is an inconsistent check weld and or a trigger press that is not straight to the rear.

If you can drive a car you can fire an accurate rifle or pistol shot, doing a few things the same way equal success.
    Also check the mount to rule it out as a culprit of the not a good group.

v/r

JD

RS regulate makes great side mounts for AKs. I ditched the TWS top cover because I was having issues with holding zero as well.

Contact TWS directly for tech support. Ask for Nelson.

Usually it's some small detail that got overlooked. Should get you squared away pretty quick.

Cheers