Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Love my AR's but i've got to say my Sig 556r gen two is on my favorite rifles.Sig got my example right.

Just curious about what the consensus is on the M+M M10 XZ. While it is obviously AK inspired and shoots 7.62 x39 it is " Not a AK" and has some more modern features and ergonomics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu Joker View Post
    Just curious about what the consensus is on the M+M M10 XZ. While it is obviously AK inspired and shoots 7.62 x39 it is " Not a AK" and has some more modern features and ergonomics.
    I look it up and it apparently does not come with sights. The questions are does it function 100%, its accuracy, durability, and what is the trigger like.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

AKs are great. However, I can get an Colt LE6920 for the same price as a Century build, which are terrible. Why spend the $999 on an Arsenal when I can get a LWRC DI for the same price, with more available magazines/ammo and full rail space?

The Ak I would recommend and will eventually do a write up on is an atlantic firearms DIY kit. It is just a barreled receiver sans trigger, and furniture. For $1200 I was able put a complete rifle together. That price includes an optic, 10 surp mags, alg trigger, flashlight and 1000 rounds. The quality is great and the accuracy is much better than my slg 31. The best part is you save money by not buying all the crap you throw away and replace.
    Last edited by Maorri; 03-19-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Yeah I still like running my ArsenalS101

I love my Fuller.......but I’ll never buy another. Son of a bitch is heavy! I have 8 AR’s now.

JB

In case there's no one left who remembers me from WT past, I was an LEO for about 13 years before going to work overseas for a few years as a PSD operator and medic for various government agencies. I got disgusted with DC when I tried working there on my return, so left professional gun-guy world for a career change. Several years after turning in my medic bag for nursing scrubs I spent 3 years in NY pursuing a very good educational opportunity, and so was away from guns and the market for all that time. I didn't watch forums, didn't watch prices or new products, and basically concentrated on what I needed to be successful at the time.

When I stared looking again after returning to a relatively free state, the increase in cost for the AK and the decrease in quality stunned me. The decrease in cost for the AR and increase in average quality was equally surprising. I was an AK guy, and used it operationally while Gabe et al. put so much effort into developing a modern manual of arms for it. My Fuller RomyG build cost me less back then than the unmodified Saiga I saw on Gunsamerica last night. The Colt AR I bought in 1989 cost me more than a Colt branded equivalent today, and my wife built her first AR last month with brand name parts for about half of that first Colt's cost. I have embarrassed many a cool-guy in NoVa with my AK and it is still the rifle I grab when one is needed here on the ranch, and the Saiga conversion 74 I did myself is great, but there is no way I'd recommend anyone go that route anymore. I think it is a shame that the Sig 556 wasn't all that we'd hoped, and I really wish the ARX had been better. I can't believe the Bren is more than 2-3X as good as a mid range AR, and I know from experience that neither the SCAR nor the 416 isn't. Alternative calibers completely aside, the AR platform is now just so super competent that there is no other rational entry level option.
    Problem solved, problem staying solved

With decent quality entry level ARs like the Ruger AR556 going for like $550 even here in the unfree state you have to scratch your head as to why anyone would buy an AK or go down that road. Back when 1000 rds of steel case x39 was like $70 ...eh maybe....

Now that I think about it I could probably sell the misc. stuff (mags etc.) that I have for the AK platform and raise enough scratch to buy one of the Ruger ARs. Thats kinda funny.

With the AK you are constantly pounding a square peg in a round hole to make it on par with an AR or virtually every other modern EBR for that matter. Its gets exhausting after a while.

But watching the original Red Dawn without an AK to fondle just isnt the same lol.

7M3

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Mary 3 View Post

With the AK you are constantly pounding a square peg in a round hole to make it on par with an AR or virtually every other modern EBR for that matter. Its gets exhausting after a while.
    I realize I'm the exception to the rule, but my Arsenal AK with limited modifications is actually more accurate than my BCM AR-15. It's why, after all this time, my AK remains my go to rifle.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."