Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Meh..........yawn

Neat idea but it doesn't do what they hoped it would. The idea was to significantly change the carry "footprint" so that someone could carry a bigger gun in a smaller package. The concept was discussed on weapons guild (gun builders site) a couple years ago. I don't know if the people behind this gun were part of that discussion or not. This misses that mark by being so fat. If it was a single stack, maybe it would ride inconspicuously in a cell phone belt holster. Maybe...

There are two other folding Secret Squirrel pistols I'm aware of that are out or at least advertised. There is a single shot 22 that they pitch as the "life card" and a two shot .380 called "Ideal Conceal." The 22 is out, I saw one at a local gun show. The 380 has supposedly been shown in public but isn't on store shelves. Both cost as much as a Glock 43. Neither is anywhere near as useful. Still, it's good to see more neat toys. I can't think of a single, likely scenario where a single shot 22 folded up and hanging off a key chain is going to be a life saving tool, but I can see how it would be fun. $400 worth of fun? Not to me.

Maybe the fold-up pistol concept will yield a practical NPE fighting tool down the line. This isn't it, but maybe it's a step in the path. I think the folding sub machine guns that have been built like the Hotchkiss Universal and the one that was used in the original Robocop movie (that was a real gun, transferables are out there) were more useful than the pistols so far seen. The KelTec folding carbine sells in good numbers because it's neat, despite the typical KelTec cheap execution. That sort of gun, built well enough to be worth a thousand bucks or so would be worth discussing here. At this time that just isn't on the market.

Option one: A folding grip/mag housing ----- What could possibly go wrong?

Option two; A mag retainer on a sawed off grip putting your hand in front of the barrel if you reload when the gun is not in slide lock.

I will allow this opportunity to pass me by.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by JDoza View Post
    I couldn’t watch the whole video. Cumbersome is my first thought. Did Mr. Innovator show a holster for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why, it has the footprint of a cellphone, so right in the old pocket.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

I’m thinking something the size of one of the bigger Kahr pistols might be a better candidate. Say 6”x 3” x 1/2”. Gets it down to roughly the size of checkbook wallet so it would only stick out of a back pocket slightly or disappear in an inner coat pocket.

But then again I can basically already do that with a Glock 42. And I don’t have to unfold anything. Only difference is it wouldn’t immediately look like a gun if it prints a little.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Interesting academically, but useful, not really.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 78 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 11
    PSP - April 12
    TMCO - Sept. 12
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

"I’m thinking something the size of one of the bigger Kahr pistols might be a better candidate. Say 6”x 3” x 1/2”. Gets it down to roughly the size of checkbook wallet so it would only stick out of a back pocket slightly or disappear in an inner coat pocket.

But then again I can basically already do that with a Glock 42. And I don’t have to unfold anything. Only difference is it wouldn’t immediately look like a gun if it prints a little.
    "

A trigger guard laser/light can help change the print, as can a properly designed pocket holster, but the limitations of pocket carry remain.
    Last edited by Papa; 12-09-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 16. And a wakeup.

I can't even come up with a far fetched utility in that.

Props for being innovative, I suppose. But this seems like it defies KISS and adds a step which could potentially f*** up, and adds time which you probably won’t have.

Neat engineering exercise, not terribly practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post

A trigger guard laser/light can help change the print, as can a properly designed pocket holster, but the limitations of pocket carry remain.
    I was shooting from the hip with that. Trying to make sense of something nonsensical I guess.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle