Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The nature of everything today why put in the work just hope for the best leave it to someone else someone else should deal with it.Its the same old story of the underachiever spouting 5 shot snubby, less than 4 yards bla bla.
    They don't know what they don't Know and use faulty logic to cover for laziness and cowardice.

I train for younger faster bigger stronger opponents.........and I train to ruthlessly smoke their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Well...I think the collective "WE" of this tribe have a normalcy bias of "I hope its today" rather than "it can't happen to me".
    I was at a Christmas parade this weekend with the family. We were hanging out enjoying the music, and I see(profiling like a m...fer) a middle age middle eastern man that stood out in the crowd like a whore in church. I made him feel uncomfortable as hell as he walked up and down the street. I already knew what I had to do if I needed to.....

I train to beat.... me. The me of today should be stronger and more skilled than the me of yesterday. If I strive to do this every day my enemy won't stand much of a chance.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I train to beat.... me. The me of today should be stronger and more skilled than the me of yesterday. If I strive to do this every day my enemy won't stand much of a chance.
    Dang it, Greg. That’s what I was going to say, then I read your post at the bottom of the thread.

I most certainly and quite easily could beat the me of several years ago, and the divide gets bigger all the time.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

I concur with most of the things said here in - I expect my enemy to be trained just as I am, and although in most cases they aren't (tweaker problem on the property) I want to put some heavy on the one that doesn't kneel.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    With that tard Manson finally dying the other week I thought about how he and all the other famous serial killers were able to paralyze the nation with fear in their time. Then compaired that with present day and how mundane a threat they seem by current standards.

I always prefer to train from the view point that whomever the bad guys are they are better then I am and there are more of them regardless of reality.
    This...I train to be outnumbered and for adversity, expecting that Murphy is on their side, so I have to beat him too.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post

I agree with Greg completely. I have held this believe for a very long time. I train to beat someone who is highly trained, highly motivated, well equipped subject who is willing to sacrifice and suffer for his cause and has a detailed knowledge of the internal workings of the local infrastructure and public safety network.

My wrestling coach said I best many moons ago. Train for the champ not the chump. If you can beat the champ than the chump is warm up, just don't underestimate ANY enemy.

My two pennies added onto the pile...

As has been stated in more ways than one in the above posts, never underestimate your opponent(s). Have the mindset that they are faster /stronger/skillful/treacherous/ruthless and will kill you and those you love...Train, prepare and act accordingly. Simple advice really.

Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    As has been stated in more ways than one in the above posts, never underestimate your opponent(s). Have the mindset that they are faster /stronger/skillful/treacherous/ruthless and will kill you and those you love...Train, prepare and act accordingly. Simple advice really.
    Old martial arts master advice to me: "Whatever I can do for you, you can do for me. I'm just not going to give you the opportunity."
    ~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"It is good to be strong, but better to know how to use it."
    - Jimmy H. Woo (Chin Siu Dek)

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men." - Vito Corleone

I think this could be combine into a set of both macro and micro goals. A daily goal of being better then you were yesterday with the overall goal of preparing for a larger more skilled group. That way each goal can push and pull the other forward.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition