Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default WHO ARE YOU TRAINING TO BEAT?

WHO ARE YOU TRAINING TO BEAT?

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

The favorite words of the under achievers are "I Can't". And to project their low standards on others, and thus validating their own choices, "You Can't". And then, in order to make those standards the norm, and get others to accept them, they like to minimize the problem.

In the age of the parking lot mugger with the switchblade, minimizing the problem was not a concern, because the problem was in fact quite simple. First, if one avoided places and times and activities where their path would cross that of the "thug", they were probably never going to be tested. In fact, since most places where thugs flourished had very restrictive gun laws, it was already a moot point. And as well, unless one went through life with their head planted firmly in their rectum, they would even see an event bubbling and could avoid it.

Look at the two images above.

One is a spoof of course. A scene from the classic movie, West Side Story. But the character in the photo served as the stereo-typical street thugs seen by most of the American Gun Community as their main concern. "I am just a civilian...I am not an operator", usually follows the as an explanation of their low level of weaponry, physical fitness, and tactical thinking.

That image on the left - the common thug in the parking lot with the switch blade - that was a long ago age. Today we have an adversary more like what we see on the right. That image is not from a movie, but from real life. They are Islamic Jihad Terrorists, and their goal is the formation of a world wide caliphate. And in their minds, their goal will be brought out by killing as many of the infidels (that is us by the way) as possible before they themselves being killed.

The underachiever class likes to argue this point with me and suggest "odds". In other words, they would say, the odds of facing an ISIS killer are much less in their view, than facing a common thug, or thugs. Well, maybe. But if we are going to discuss "odds", I would say, looking at some of the debaters, that they are in far more danger of death from issues dealing with metabolic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, etc., than in ever being in a gunfight with even the most humble of muggers. As well, I would wonder what the recent victims of terrorism would say about those odds. Orlando, San Bernardino, Las Vegas, Colorado...how many others?

Just as there are changes in the paradigms of every science and every industry, and nothing ever stays as it was, so it is with the realm of civilian self defense. And that means that the tools, the thinking, the preparation and the operational methods must change in accordance with other changes. In this case the changes have been brought out by the Modern Active Shooter. And unlike the common directives to avoid bad places, bad people, bad things, etc., this guy cannot be avoided because he will select such places to carry out his actions. Underachievers may elect to bury their head in the sand, not wanting to admit that they are either not prepared for this threat, or that (gasp) their grasp of things is outdated.

It is not hard to be a good shot, and a serious danger to guys like the adversaries shown above. Yes, it takes some effort and a bit more attention and dedication than many in the USA are currently giving to their skill sets, but adopting this as a lifestyle will do far more for you, even if nothing happens, than binge watching TV, overeating, and thinking that you are good enough to prevail over another underachiever.

You will be hearing far more from me in the coming weeks on maximizing your skills, developing the right attitude, and in essence making yourself the greatest threat the terrorist will ever meet on American shores.

Times change brothers, and we will either change ahead of the curve, or we will change after some of you have perished from unpreparedness. God willing it will be the first option.

Self Select as a Combatant and not a Victim...Stay Dangerous...and when the bad guys show up and begin their party of death, smile, thank the Lord for the opportunity to express your warriorhood, and shoot every single one of them in the face.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

With that tard Manson finally dying the other week I thought about how he and all the other famous serial killers were able to paralyze the nation with fear in their time. Then compaired that with present day and how mundane a threat they seem by current standards.

I always prefer to train from the view point that whomever the bad guys are they are better then I am and there are more of them regardless of reality.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Default Who are you training to beat?

If I had the time (which I do not) a convincing accurate argument could be made that today's
    "common street thug" is a rung and a half below the guys in the right hand image.When both are viewing others/victims...similar reptilian thought process.
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I always prefer to train from the view point that whomever the bad guys are they are better then I am and there are more of them regardless of reality.
    That sums it up perfectly for me.

This may sound defeatist, but I train to beat only one person: Me.

I could devote the rest of my life to doing nothing but training, and it's a fact of the world that there will always be someone bigger, stronger, or faster. I will never know who they are, or how I really measure up. However, I know how I did at my last workout, and can track my progress over time. As long as I am making steady progress, that means there's fewer people out there who are bigger, stronger, or faster than me, and that's a win!

I think we as "the haves" suffer from the normalcy bias of "it can't happen to me/here."

And, it's not *just* the massive attack of an active/jihadist shooter, but also the insidious slow drip and erosion caused by liberals that enable the attacks in the first place.

We have to act both left and right of bang (anti- as well as counter- )
    ~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"It is good to be strong, but better to know how to use it."
    - Jimmy H. Woo (Chin Siu Dek)

"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men." - Vito Corleone

Well...I think the collective "WE" of this tribe have a normalcy bias of "I hope its today" rather than "it can't happen to me".

Quote Originally Posted by CaneCorso View Post
    I think we as "the haves" suffer from the normalcy bias of "it can't happen to me/here."

And, it's not *just* the massive attack of an active/jihadist shooter, but also the insidious slow drip and erosion caused by liberals that enable the attacks in the first place.

We have to act both left and right of bang (anti- as well as counter- )
    Gabe Suarez

With that tard Manson finally dying the other week I thought about how he and all the other famous serial killers were able to paralyze the nation with fear in their time. Then compaired that with present day and how mundane a threat they seem by current standards.

Yup...look at the height of the thug in 1967...then 77...and now. Only an idiot would deny that the bad guys are quite skilled and motivated today.
    Gabe Suarez

This...I train to be outnumbered and for adversity, expecting that Murphy is on their side, so I have to beat him too.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

I concur with most of the things said here in - I expect my enemy to be trained just as I am, and although in most cases they aren't (tweaker problem on the property) I want to put some heavy on the one that doesn't kneel.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb