Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Internal Affairs vs Gang Unit vs Grab 'n Stab

Hello WT, I'd like to get opinions from people who have handled these blades. I'm leaning towards the Internal Affairs or Gang Unit as an EDC neck knife.

I like the choil, that's why I really don't think the Grab 'n Stab is for me. Points to consider: I'm a gal, heh-heh. Seriously, am not weak, but am not as strong as I was, though have no trouble racking a pistol or the Stakeout, for instance. So, for a woman with less grip strength than a man, what are y'all's thoughts?

If you could get only one, what would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Texican_gal View Post
    Hello WT, I'd like to get opinions from people who have handled these blades. I'm leaning towards the Internal Affairs or Gang Unit as an EDC neck knife.

I like the choil, that's why I really don't think the Grab 'n Stab is for me. Points to consider: I'm a gal, heh-heh. Seriously, am not weak, but am not as strong as I was, though have no trouble racking a pistol or the Stakeout, for instance. So, for a woman with less grip strength than a man, what are y'all's thoughts?

If you could get only one, what would you suggest?
    If you're stuck with a neck knife I would totally forget the GnS, it's just too large even with (to be delicate) pronounced pectoral region it's more of a weight issue. The GU is my go to fixed blade but it's pretty wide both in blade and handle design as well. Of the 3 the IA is the only one I'd consider for that application.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

OK, that's helpful Greg, thank you!

Upper body womanly topography can help in concealment; not really worried about weight but of course, that could change with real-life use.

+1 what Greg said.

I don't own the IA so I don't have personal experience with it, but it's the one to consider. Love the GnS and GU but they are not neck knives.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Default Internal Affairs vs Gang Unit vs Grab 'n Stab

TG, Tried GU as NK; wouldn’t recommend it there either. IWB it works daily.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

Upcoming classes:
    See you in Prescott 25-26 August for I2M.

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GTFOTX!!)

— Thanks Brent, I appreciate it!

I had commented favorably on the Internal Affairs on one of Gabe's intro posts for it, and then didn't get one (yet).

— Hey Ted, thank you for the "GU as neck knife" experience.

The only one I'd recommend for neck carry is the Internal Affairs.

Thank you, Mike – it looks unanimous for the Internal Affairs!

I don't care for neck knives but out of the three that you mentioned, I would recommend the Internal Affairs. I have all three, is there anything in particular you are interested in? I would not recommend the Internal Affairs for everyday carry compared to the other two. It is more of a hideaway knife in my opinion as it is not as easy to grasp.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlightman View Post
    I don't care for neck knives but out of the three that you mentioned, I would recommend the Internal Affairs. I have all three, is there anything in particular you are interested in? I would not recommend the Internal Affairs for everyday carry compared to the other two. It is more of a hideaway knife in my opinion as it is not as easy to grasp.
    I'm interested in being able to get a good grip on it, but also the concealability factor. I mentioned choil – got to have that. I haven't carried a belt knife except when hunting or running around the woods. HOWEVER, I don't want to rely on a folder under pressure and that means fixed blade. Perhaps the GU would be a good "inside pant" concealable option.

I carry the Yojimbo II on a daily basis (clipped inside waistband).