Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default homemade holsters

I started leather working after retiring from job I make holster but do not sell they are not that high quality yet

I was actually looking for a Tanker Type holster. I am planning a lengthy back country deal up here and wanted to keep the pistol a little higher and not interfere with other mission-essential gear. Not concerned with concealment, and not really wanting something "between the pecs". More like a WW2 Tanker...but modern and RMR capable.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I was actually looking for a Tanker Type holster. I am planning a lengthy back country deal up here and wanted to keep the pistol a little higher and not interfere with other mission-essential gear. Not concerned with concealment, and not really wanting something "between the pecs". More like a WW2 Tanker...but modern and RMR capable.
    One of my buddies used one of these with a S&W 357 mag on a recent hike. He was absolutely pleased with it, it was the one piece of equipment that was completely comfortable during a three day difficult hike. I tried it as well and it was much more comfortable than I expected.

He liked it so well that he bought me one for Christmas. I haven't used it yet but verified that it fits the RMR'd Glock. Will send pics when I get home.

Edited to add: Mine is all FDE and looks better than the unit pictured.

https://gunfightersinc.com/shop/cust...chest-holster/
    Last edited by Brent Yamamoto; 01-03-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

I bought a chest rig from Clark Fork Leather and have been extremely pleased with it. Since my purchase, it appears that Chris has sold his business and it has become

http://paradisevalleyleather.com

It looks like they offer the same designs but I do not have experience with the new owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I needed the same thing except the ability to conceal and to be low profile. I went with a Ribz Front Pack and had a local guy make a kydex holster that attaches inside it. It's nice because it carries high out of the way and can be worn with my 70 liter pack. It carries fire building, phone, headlamp and medical gear as well. I really like being able to take my pack off and still have the necessities with me at all times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by psalms23dad; 01-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

The chest holster is not so different from bandolier holsters at: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...olier-Holsters
    The one I am using could be modernized or improved, but it was the best I could find. I wear mine daily. When swinging a splitting maul one has to move it out of the way to avoid banging an elbow. I do not bother to use the strap that secures to the belt so when bent over it does swing a little forward. I normally wear it under something so it is mostly concealed.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Here's a different pic. Fyi, the holster it sits in has some but little retention.

20170304_123738.jpg
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

“Adversity introduces a man to himself.”

Love this tanker. Bought it from a wter here.

It spends significantly more time hanging from the headboard of the bed than around my body, but my gun stays in it at night, and gets thrown on quickly if there is a bump in the night
    Last edited by Kelveren; 01-04-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    One God, Yahweh.

Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

I have no experience or affiliation with the Gunfighters Inc Kenai Chest Holster but it seams modern with options for suppressor sights, optics, threaded barrels, extended controls, etc. Starting at $150

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I'm from the government and I'm here to help.