Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It might be a little late now, but here is a photo of my grandson fishing in Alaska and wearing a .44 Mag without any interference to use of his arms. I have a similar holster and rig from Simply Rugged, but not sure where he got his rig.Daniel Aug2017 Alaska.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GaelForce5 View Post
    It might be a little late now, but here is a photo of my grandson fishing in Alaska and wearing a .44 Mag without any interference to use of his arms. I have a similar holster and rig from Simply Rugged, but not sure where he got his rig.Daniel Aug2017 Alaska.jpg
    That's a Diamond D rig. Made here local.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Why not a gun belt, cowboy style? Wouldn’t a nice belt holster be more comfortable? Is the gun too big for that setup?

I have a Diamond D rig (Guides Choice I think it's called). When I'm way out in the mountains away from, well everything, I carry a 9mm in a drop leg holster with the chest rig under my molle vest which is loaded out with all my other gear. The 9 is for the routine stuff and the 44 in the chest rig carrys 300 grain Buffalo Bore if I need something to penetrate a bears skull, which also happens around here. The chest rig, once on, can be completely forgotten about its that comfortable and out of the way. Under the vest with the grip tucked "out" and readily accessible, can be drawn as quickly as the side rig.

My preference is for the HPG Kit Bag. I have used one of the originals quite a bit, and recently got a smaller one (because it is grey ripstop; a little more discrete). When I first got it, I felt the need for some kind of holster so I fabricated my own out of Kydex and attached it via the Velcro and the loop tab. But eventually I determined the holster was more trouble than it was worth. The Kit Bag doesn't really need a holster. And a full holster makes it awkward to draw with your off hand. I then ran it with an NPE holster and finally no holster. Then went back to the NPE/Zach holster. It doesn't need a holster at all. But the NPE/Zach doesn't cause any problems, and it allows me to shed the bag and tuck the pistol into my pants if I want to. While the HPG bag is more discrete than a chest holster, it still pretty clearly communicates "gun" to those in the know. If I suddenly needed to go covert, I'd ditch the bag.

For big revolvers, the tanker rigs are still supreme.

One of the advantages of going to appendix carry is that it works with some backpack hip belts. But you may need to use a belt keeper to lock down the hip belt up front, so that it doesn't climb over the belt and inhibit your draw.
    Last edited by LawDog; 04-10-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Virtute et Armis

I second the HPG Recon Bag. I use it for CCW
    while hiking & 4 wheeling. Top shelf kit.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/5

Quote Originally Posted by buckcz View Post
    If you need a chest holster but want a level of concealment while hiking or biking, I highly recommend the chest kit bags by Hill People Gear. I have hundreds of miles from running and hiking with mine. Works great and very comfortable.
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 04-10-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby
    "Give a man a mask and he will tell you the truth"- Oscar Wilde.