Default LEO Glock RDS Safariland Duty Holsters - Review

For those of you who are LEOs trying to get your agency to authorize Trijicon RMRs for duty use you've probably been told there are no holsters. I just got this new Safariland Glock RDS holster and they're good to go with Suarez slides. They're a bit sticky at first as the Suarez slide dimension is slightly different, but after a few minutes of working the pistol in and out its a perfect fit. Just so you're aware, you can run the Glock without a RDS using the holster if you want to start using it now and just add the RDS when authorized.

J

IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 11-05-2017 at 09:46 AM.

+1 for the SI back-plate and a great looking holster.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

IDPS, DOK, TMCO, FVGF, CPM, CRM, SCPIS, TASI

TWOTU Since May 2015

Hey guys, another cop just showed me the trick of shoving a 220# sanding sponge from Ace back and forth inside the ALS "action" a few times and that makes the holster super easy to use and smooth for the Suarez slide. No issues whatsoever.

IMG_0125.jpg

J
    Last edited by JonathanNobody; 11-05-2017 at 10:31 AM.

I've got a Safariland 6354DO (if I'm remembering that right) for a war belt set-up. I had to disassemble the locking mechanism and make some cuts on and in the holster in order to accommodate the RMR, but it wasn't brain surgery. Part of why I selected that holster is because it is not specific to a light model. Because it holds onto the breech opening rather than the light, I can run an X300 or an XC1 or no light at all. I can also run anything from a G19 to a G34 with a threaded barrel. One negative is that some guns rattle a bit.

The 6354DO uses an unobtrusive thumb release. It's a great Level II retention holster for field work, but does not offer the retention I would want if I was wrestling around with drunks and thugs.

Jonathan, What are your thoughts on the retention capability of this model? And what is the specific model number?
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I've got a Safariland 6354DO (if I'm remembering that right) for a war belt set-up. I had to disassemble the locking mechanism and make some cuts on and in the holster in order to accommodate the RMR, but it wasn't brain surgery. Part of why I selected that holster is because it is not specific to a light model. Because it holds onto the breech opening rather than the light, I can run an X300 or an XC1 or no light at all. I can also run anything from a G19 to a G34 with a threaded barrel. One negative is that some guns rattle a bit.

The 6354DO uses an unobtrusive thumb release. It's a great Level II retention holster for field work, but does not offer the retention I would want if I was wrestling around with drunks and thugs.

Jonathan, What are your thoughts on the retention capability of this model? And what is the specific model number?
    I got the 6390RDS and have no issues with its retention capability. I saw the version with the hood (in addition to the ALS) for $25 more and have no issue with that either, as that's what most of us have for the issue M&Ps. I like the 6390 ALS-only (no hood) as it is the same system on my Safariland concealed carry holsters.

You'll see the RDS hood comes back and covers the ALS lever from unwanted eyes and hands. The ALS lever is easy to hit with your thumb but very hard for someone else to get to.

Either version is great, but the 6390 allows consistency with off-duty holster systems.

What is the model of the new holster sir?

Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post
    What is the model of the new holster sir?
    It’s a 6390RDS

thank you sir..

Just got the boss to order me one!! Looking to set it up w G-code plates so I can swap it from the tac vest and the belt. I went with the level 3 with the rolling good and the ALS.

I will post pics when it come in....